Homebrew Importing Animal Crossing NL Save from my Old 3ds to New 2ds not working

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nevermind. I was trying to ask if your EUR n2DSXL in (european?) Portuguese has any words that are spelled funny.

I saw the € sign in the pictures and your Brazil flag, and a thought came up in my mind about British vs American English. Which lead back to Portugal/Brazil Portuguese. Any Brits out there who wants to correct me that it's £, the thought stemmed from Brexit talks in the news.

Yah, it's a stupid question, and it has nothing to do with AC:NL saves. Moving on...

Hah! I knew something was off. Okay, so that "Welcome Amiibo" update is the same one as the "original" update. This is how it's like for the USA update for both AC:NL and AC:NL:WA, and that's true for the EUR ones, too.

I don't know what it looks like browsing in the EUR Nintendo eShop, but the separate listings probably has to do with some EU market rules.

I think you hit a dead end. If you download that update, both your Animal Crossing games will be updated, but they stay separate. Original doesn't get converted into Welcome Amiibo, I'm afraid.

Looks like it'll be steps 16 to 19. :(

Oh, that's too bad, thank you for your help anyway :(
Do you think if I get a card maybe I can use the "import town" option? And I just bought my New 2DS from Portugal because it isn't sold here, and I'm a real fan of Animal Crossing series, I wanted so much that Animal Crossing version, but I didn't know all that problems coming lol

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your still having issues, try replacing the secure value manually. Get a save file made for the console you want the game to be on. Once you get to the point to save your game do so. After that. Export that gamefile as a dummy. You can either use a hex editor or post the file here and I can help change that value. Just mark the saves as the one you want. and the one made with the secure value. Just note. DO NOT enter AC:NL until the values are changed and the new file with the value needed are done changed and saved.

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If your still having issues, try replacing the secure value manually. Get a save file made for the console you want the game to be on. Once you get to the point to save your game do so. After that. Export that gamefile as a dummy. You can either use a hex editor or post the file here and I can help change that value. Just mark the saves as the one you want. and the one made with the secure value. Just note. DO NOT enter AC:NL until the values are changed and the new file with the value needed are done changed and saved.

Thank you, friend, but I got to go, it's 02:45 here and I need to sleep, I will continue my struggle tomorrow, thank you again for your time.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's too bad, thank you for your help anyway :(
Do you think if I get a card maybe I can use the "import town" option? And I just bought my New 2DS from Portugal because it isn't sold here, and I'm a real fan of Animal Crossing series, I wanted so much that Animal Crossing version, but I didn't know all that problems coming lol

There is only one device called PowerSaves that's able to reflash a save back on a game cart, but it's not compatible using backed up saves from Checkpoint or JKSM.

I can't think of a 3DS homebrew app or program that does something like PowerSaves. Checkpoint (and GodMode9 ??) is capable of backing up saves from a cart but not restoring them.

Another issue to worry about is if you need to match EUR region for the (original New Leaf) cart and the (Welcome Amiibo) digital.

This idea (probably) won't work and will cost some money.

If your AC:NL:WA game was preinstalled on your n2DSXL, my gut feeling tells me your copy is one of those universal legit games. If it is, you have something extremely rare at this moment.

It's so new that save manager devs probably haven't had the chance to study and crack it yet. Maybe wait until there's a new Checkpoint release.

For the time being until that happens
  1. Back up your bundle version of AC:NL:WA (EUR) game into a legit built CIA in GodMode9.
  2. Install a public standard CIA version of that game.
  3. Restore the save and continue playing on the pirated copy.
  4. When a new release of Checkpoint comes out, back up your progress save.
  5. Reinstall the legit copy of Animal Crossing.
  6. Launch the game, restore save, and check again if it works.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

LittleLisi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I didn't quite understand what you're saying, so, I have to play a little on my AC:NL WL (new 2DS, where I want to play my save) to create a dummy save, backup it and then go to my Old 3ds and backup my save there (The save I'm trying to transfer) and hex edit it (in that case send it because I can't deal with hex editing at all)? Didn't get the part where I mustn't enter AC:NL

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is only one device called PowerSaves that's able to reflash a save back on a game cart, but it's not compatible using backed up saves from Checkpoint or JKSM.

I can't think of a 3DS homebrew app or program that does something like PowerSaves. Checkpoint (and GodMode9 ??) is capable of backing up saves from a cart but not restoring them.

Another issue to worry about is if you need to match EUR region for the (original New Leaf) cart and the (Welcome Amiibo) digital.

This idea (probably) won't work and will cost some money.

If your AC:NL:WA game was preinstalled on your n2DSXL, my gut feeling tells me your copy is one of those universal legit games. If it is, you have something extremely rare at this moment.

It's so new that save manager devs probably haven't had the chance to study and crack it yet. Maybe wait until there's a new Checkpoint release.

For the time being until that happens
  1. Back up your bundle version of AC:NL:WA (EUR) game into a legit built CIA in GodMode9.
  2. Install a public standard CIA version of that game.
  3. Restore the save and continue playing on the pirated copy.
  4. When a new release of Checkpoint comes out, back up your progress save.
  5. Reinstall the legit copy of Animal Crossing.
  6. Launch the game, restore save, and check again if it works.

Thanks I'll try that :)
And thank you again for all your help

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My daughters game did the same, when we swapped to a new SD card. I used checkpoint to backup and the immediately used the restore option. Once I went back into the game it worked normally with all of the save data retained. Not sure if this would work between 2 different region versions or not, or if you had already lost the data though.

Reactions: LittleLisi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...