Importing a Game save To A PS2 PKG

proffk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen this question asked quiet a lot. I've found a easier way to import a PS2 gamesave such as the ones found at Gamefaqs into a PS2 PKG. The previous way required using PS2 ELF Loader and a lot of trial and error. This only works with PS2-FPKG v0.6 by Jabu as the dev made an option to import a custom .ps2 memory card image when you are creating a PS2 PKG. This is a rough guide.

In order to do this you will need

A Blank PS2 Memory Card Image in this format Mcd001.ps2
MyMc
PS2-FPKG v0.6 by Jabu
A PS2 Gamesave for your chosen game with correct region.

Use MyMc to open your Mcd001.ps2 and click the green arrow icon to import you PS2 gamesave. Then click File & exit. In the example below I've used a Outrun 2006 max drive save.

MyMc
1646149762009.png

When you are creating a PS2 PKG in PS2-FPKG v0.6. Click on the Emulator Settings and the option is found there to import a PS2 Save in .ps2 format only.

1646149453459.png

You may encounter a .dll error message when you open MyMc. I'm not sure how to fix this.
This only works once per game. Meaning each PS2 PKG requires its own save & process has to be done for each PKG.
You need to make sure the game save matches the PAL or NTSC version of your game.
This may not work with every game and may cause some PS2 PKG not to boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1