• Views 109,166
  • Replies 279
  • Likes 21

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will still charge in RCM with AutoRCM installed but just a lot slower. To be safe, hold down the power button for 12 seconds, connect it to a power source, and then check back after around an hour. From that point, either remove AutoRCM via a payload or boot into a CFW/Horizon to charge the Switch normally.
Guess it didnt work no idea how im gonna charge this thing seeing as I need to open up my second switch ( dont want to open the 1.0 unit) or get the needed tri wing screw driver

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank the f****** lord I found how to fix this if you have a SX PRO

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its kinda janky but plug in a micro usb cable while connected to a PC into the SX PRO
Plug the SX PRO into the switch and listen for a connected noise
hold Power + Volume up and listen for a disconnect sound
open up TegraRcmGUI and select hekate_ctcaer_3.0 as a payload
Hold power + volume up and listen for the connected noise
as soon as you hear it start spamming the inject payload button as it will show the switch in RCM mode for 2 seconds at most
if you get it to send the payload the switch should boot into hekate
if it does immediately plug in a normal charger

I really hope this works for others

SoCALCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang! Something was telling me to visit this site before I went to bed. It's a good thing I did because I had my Switch set to auto RCM. So I immediately grabbed my Switch and I uninstalled auto RCM. Just as I uninstalled auto RCM and got a successful message, my battery went completely dead. Man! That was a close call...

Even though this I an older post. I have never came a crossed it till today!
Thx jjbredesen for the heads up. Hopefully TX will figure out a solution on the charging issue while on auto RCM...

Last edited by SoCALCat,

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its kinda janky but plug in a micro usb cable while connected to a PC into the SX PRO
as soon as you hear it start spamming the inject payload button as it will show the switch in RCM mode for 2 seconds at most

YOU ARE THE FUCKING GOAT. YOU ARE A GOD AMONGST MEN AND IF I COULD SUCK YOU I WOULD! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. YOU'VE SAVED MY LIFE.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

gnilwob

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
This is my test
RCM = 0.5A
SX OS Sleep = 1.5A
SX OS Active = 1.5A

rcm-current.png
sx-os-sleep-current.png
sx-os-active-current.png

sirelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xenon Hacks I have a question about your workaround. So my my switch is in autorcm, so the solution is to connect the SX Pro to the switch and have the usb cable that charges the SX Pro plugged into my pc, Hold done power and volume up button to get the switch to the mode to load home brew option select Hecate hold down the power and volume again , and this is were I get confused how am I spamming the inject payload button on the pc if the SX Pro is connected to the USB C port instead of the USB C cable, are you saying the cable that powers the Pro dongle will also inject payloads from the PC? Or am I missing a step ? After disconnecting and opening TegraRcmGui with the jig are we supposed to insert the USB C cable in place of the Pro dongle? I swear I have spent three times the amount of time researching Switch home brew and SX Pro that I have actually playing games on the switch. But considering I sent my first switch to Nintendo thinking it was fubar I don’t want let the power die out on my new switch ever again. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon Hacks I have a question about your workaround. So my my switch is in autorcm, so the solution is to connect the SX Pro to the switch and have the usb cable that charges the SX Pro plugged into my pc, Hold done power and volume up button to get the switch to the mode to load home brew option select Hecate hold down the power and volume again , and this is were I get confused how am I spamming the inject payload button on the pc if the SX Pro is connected to the USB C port instead of the USB C cable, are you saying the cable that powers the Pro dongle will also inject payloads from the PC? Or am I missing a step ? After disconnecting and opening TegraRcmGui with the jig are we supposed to insert the USB C cable in place of the Pro dongle? I swear I have spent three times the amount of time researching Switch home brew and SX Pro that I have actually playing games on the switch. But considering I sent my first switch to Nintendo thinking it was fubar I don’t want let the power die out on my new switch ever again. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Ok that charging cable that came with the SX pro plug it into the SX PRO and plug the USB A side into the PC. have the jig in and hold power + volume up until you hear that connected or disconnected noise in windows then work from there.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi
i have autorcm,battery died, and sx os (NO PRO), i have not use it for a week!
cannot lanch playload, what to do?

sh0wst0pper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure why people are having issues. I have SX OS Pro and autorcm enabled. My switch battery ran out. I charged the switch for an hour or so, charged my sx pro dongle and plugged it in. Switch powered up into SX OS.

Reactions: Erol

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am using AutoRCM, but not because I use SXOS. I used the non fuse burning upgrade method, and I’m using AutoRCM to prevent accidentally burning a fuse. Otherwise I use ReiNX.

Is AutoRCM worth the risk do you think?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i've installed AutoRCM just to test it, before i go to sleep i shutdown my switch like normally, now i opened my switch and found it's on the last minute battery and shut down it self.

i am sure it was already shut down before i powered it on and used the usb dongle.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to be sure: if i always keep charging my switch and never let it goes off-battery and never turn it off while using autorcm, it will be ok, right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure: if i always keep charging my switch and never let it goes off-battery and never turn it off while using autorcm, it will be ok, right?
Yes, but not much point in using AutoRCM if the console stays on the whole time. If you want to power if off with AutoRCM, either use Hekate's power off or perform a manual shutdown.

Reactions: Perfect One

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yes, but not much point in using AutoRCM if the console stays on the whole time. If you want to power if off with AutoRCM, either use Hekate's power off or perform a manual shutdown.
So autoRCM still make the switch uses battery even when it turned off?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So autoRCM still make the switch uses battery even when it turned off?
Not at an increased rate. The Switch normally drains battery when its off in the first place. The reason people claimed AutoRCM was draining their batteries was because they either did not shut down the console properly or tried to charge it while its off. The problems with both is that RCM drains the battery much faster than when it is off, although I'm not sure of the exact speed. Also, charging in RCM with AutoRCM installed results in a net negative loss in battery because AutoRCM reduces the charge rate of the Switch in RCM as well as leading to falsely elevated battery levels if you boot it up directly. However, all of these problems can be avoided by turning off the console appropriately and not trying to charge it while its off.

Reactions: aos10

panni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I'm missing something here - I'm currently preparing to go the full no-fuse-burning-upgrade-path on my current 3.0.2 switch to a recent firmware version. This will require/install AutoRCM.

"For the Switch to charge it needs to be booted into Horizon / CFW." - my understanding is that, once I boot, for example, ReiNX, the charging issue won't be there? Or will it, because I've booted it from the RCM mode? If it won't be there, why would I ever have this problem/why would one stay in RCM mode with a CFW installed?

Sorry for the noobish question, the scene is moving fast and it's hard to catch up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps