Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello GBATemp Members.
It is likely that Yasu has stopped developing YSmenu since he hadn't released an update since March 2009.
If it is true that YSmenu is dead, someone please develop a way to add support for new DLDI names in YSmenu,
since YSmenu doesn't recognize the DLDI names of some new DSi flashcarts , official and clone.
cry.gif

This sucks for owners of these flashcarts like me (I use an R4i). Also, I believe that the R4 team has committed pseudocide and has developed one of the so called clones.
I saw a guy on youtube posting a direct link to YSmenu , could this be the problem?

Please discuss in this thread.
Thanks

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pieman202 said:
Maybe he didn't like people making those auto ysmenu programs
Those didn't seem so bad, it was probably because of the people that were not only posting links to pre-compiled versions of YSmenu, but were saying they didn't give a damn if Yasu stopped because of it.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given his melodramatic nature I have a feeling that if he really was protesting about the way people use/distribute YSMenu then he would have removed the links from his site in addition to not working on it.

Perhaps there have been no updates because it already does all he intended it to do?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
He could just be busy with real life and doesn't have as much time to commit to this project. I wouldn't call it dead unless he says it is.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just report the video on youtube. I'm not sure if this deserves all the capitalized letters and questions marks you put into the title.
dry.gif

bekar

Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
Since YSMenu is dead, we can assume Yasu is also dead...
wacko.gif

I never got the big deal. Why was he so cautious about people posting pre made YSMenu's?
dry.gif

It just doesn't make sense. I would encourage it. More people would use it.
smileipb2.png

Because for simple users (like me) following 20 instructions and downloading 4 things is complicated and too time consuming.
lecture.gif

Plus once something new comes out YSMenu will be old because of no need updates...
wtf.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bekar said:
wacko.gif

I never got the big deal. Why was he so cautious about people posting pre made YSMenu's?
dry.gif

smileipb2.png

Because for simple users (like me) following 20 instructions and downloading 4 things is complicated and too time consuming.
lecture.gif

Plus once something new comes out YSMenu will be old because of no need updates...
wtf.gif

I don't think Yasu is LITERALLY dead. I think his Updated for YSMenu is dead. Been, actually. I've actually learned something here at GBAtemp. Looks like SOME people posted Links to Mirrors and Readied-YSMenu when Yasu didn't approve of that. I think he said that if he sees a lot of Readied-YSMenus, he's going to stop updating it. Looks like it's dead.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
bekar said:
wacko.gif

dry.gif

smileipb2.png

lecture.gif

wtf.gif

Maybe he doesn't want people hacking his work and reproducing it. I don't think he wants YSmenu to be open source.
But people will start hacking it and decompiling it if he doesn't update anyways.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
bekar said:
wacko.gif

dry.gif

smileipb2.png

lecture.gif

wtf.gif

Maybe he doesn't want people hacking his work and reproducing it. I don't think he wants YSmenu to be open source.
But people will start hacking it and decompiling it if he doesn't update anyways.
People can still hack and decompile it even if it is updated...

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
ron975 said:
bekar said:
wacko.gif

dry.gif

smileipb2.png

lecture.gif

wtf.gif

People can still hack and decompile it even if it is updated...

if he updates it , there would be no need to hack it . If he doesn't update it , people would add support for new dldi and that stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb