Hacking Implementing saves from Sky3DS to CFW?

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi. I have a question has someone found a way how to implement saves from Sky3DS saves to CFW? I mean the exact .sav files. Thanks.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was already a topic on this very recently. You can use the official Save Data Transfer tool to move saves from Sky3DS to games installed via CIA/eShop with no problem.

Xalyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
There was already a topic on this very recently. You can use the official Save Data Transfer tool to move saves from Sky3DS to games installed via CIA/eShop with no problem.

Read carefully please I said the .sav files I don't have the sky3ds anymore I wrote that the save's are from there.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I apologize. ^_^ As far as I know, the saves from the Sky3DS are encrypted and can't be imported without use of the card. I was searching for similar methods a while ago. I wonder if you could use the ROM file to get the secure keys and use them to decrypt the save file. Perhaps using one of the various save data tools like SaveDataFiler or a variation.

Reactions: Xalyy

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this is a bit of a stretch, but...if someone had the exact .3ds files he used and he sent them all of his .sav files from Sky3DS....could they not import them into their Sky3DS, then export them using SaveDataFiler?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So, this is a bit of a stretch, but...if someone had the exact .3ds files he used and he sent them all of his .sav files from Sky3DS....could they not import them into their Sky3DS, then export them using SaveDataFiler?

You need the same template header but that's what I'm thinking

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
so i just install cfw to my N3ds. Everything works, then i put my sky3ds into my N3ds, still have the save. Then i switch to emunand, put in sky3ds, and the save is gone. So even with the same .3ds and the same header, the save file in sky3ds also just work for the same 3ds. Maybe you have to do something else to make it work, but i don't know

Last edited by kurodax,

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just install cfw to my N3ds. Everything works, then i put my sky3ds into my N3ds, still have the save. Then i switch to emunand, put in sky3ds, and the save is gone. So even with the same .3ds and the same header, the save file in sky3ds also just work for the same 3ds. Maybe you have to do something else to make it work, but i don't know

That doesn't make any sense. The save file is part of your sky3ds, not your 3ds. You should be able to put that cartridge into any 2ds/3ds and be able to access the saves. It's not connected to the system in any way. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant...

Basically how it works is you boot up your 3DS with CFW so you can run SaveDataFiler (or similar) and use it to back up your saves in a nice, clean, unencrypted format.

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
That doesn't make any sense. The save file is part of your sky3ds, not your 3ds. You should be able to put that cartridge into any 2ds/3ds and be able to access the saves. It's not connected to the system in any way. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant...

Basically how it works is you boot up your 3DS with CFW so you can run SaveDataFiler (or similar) and use it to back up your saves in a nice, clean, unencrypted format.

Nope, my save is completely lost when open the game on emunand, it's just that. i try several games but i got the same result. I also run SaveDatafilter and i got red save error all over the screen.

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
Very strange...does your save work if you're in SysNand?
like i said, those save works when i put it in sysnand first. But when i put it in emunand, it's gone (maybe it's not disappear but it's will create a new save file and replace the old save file)

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I mean. The save files you use on the Sky3DS are part of the sky3ds, not your system..so it's very weird that you can't load your save file in EmuNand. Wonder if it's like some sort of ExtData issue....

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
That's what I mean. The save files you use on the Sky3DS are part of the sky3ds, not your system..so it's very weird that you can't load your save file in EmuNand. Wonder if it's like some sort of ExtData issue....

I had weird problems with my old red button; wondering what their color is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok