Impatiently waiting

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Zerox8610, Sep 21, 2011.

Sep 21, 2011

Impatiently waiting by Zerox8610 at 5:40 AM (1,000 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Zerox8610
    OP

Member Zerox8610 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Waiting for my Wii to arrive that is.. I expect it will be here wednesday or thursday. Now... I plan on doing the Letterbomb exploit and putting a couple games on DVDs.

What all should I get to play Game backups?? Wii and GC games.
    Also, what homebrew and, whatever... should I get?
    Recommendations, commence!

New to the Wii hacking scene, been doing PSP and DS stuff since the dawn of time though... ;P

2. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    didn't you get all your questions answered in this thread already? silly to start a new thread when you can just continue asking questions there.

3. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Joostin shows Zerox8640 the back of his hand.

4. Zerox8610
    OP

United States
    Man...... different forum section.
    Hacks being files, programs, etc.
    and backup loaders are one SET type of file.

This is general, so I'm looking for general programs. ANYTHING. Not JUST backup loaders.

thanks.

Edit: and Joostin. how was that constructive? I get that you may not like what I posted, but really?
    I hope you're not just trying to boost your post count by posting useless garbage.

You've helped me over the past few days and I respect that. Don't go and ruin your credibility now...

5. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Useless title.

There isn't much homebrew im interested in on the Wii. Then again, I don't really use my Wii.

Homebrew browser
    Helium Boy
    WiiPhysics (haven't we had enough of this on mobile devices)
    CosmoRaketti
    Emulators
    MPlayer

If your Wii is new you can't play backup game disc.

6. Zerox8610
    OP

United States
    Thank you, and fairly certain that I bought a older one.
    Thank Ebay

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...that goes both ways, mate. Why should we bother to answer questions when you're just going to start asking partially the same questions in another thread?

As for what to get...I advise you to not try to do everything at once. Start out with the HBC, a decent loader (wiiflow or CFG) and neogamma for gamecube games (use modmii to get all the needed cIOS'es and cMIOS) and then just keep using that (okay, and bootmii and priiloader).

If you go around installing a shitload of programs, you'll end up like a kid in a candy store and end up being bored of it all much faster.

8. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    I'm all for people asking questions (that's the main purpose of this forum), but it's annoying when people ask the same questions in multiple threads. My post was a joking way of saying please don't do that.

9. Zerox8610
    OP

United States
    Edit: got it! and I got one of my gamecube backups to run ttoooooo [​IMG]
    I'm seein stuff on priiloader tho, do I need... this?? haha

10. Taleweaver

Belgium
    Let's see...[​IMG]

1. it's perfectly normal that wiimotes don't sync in bootmii. You'll need to operate it by short clicks of the power button and the reset button (one is for choosing the option, the other for selecting it...dunno by heart which is which).
    BTW: in normal cases never needed, but still...you can always turn off your wii by holding the power button 5 seconds (just like modern pc's).

2. provided the random slot is empty, this doesn't matter. Keep in mind that you WILL need to know which version and slot is in which base, as you need your tell your loader to use that slot. The new wiiflow requires certain cIOS'es in certain slots, but that's just so it can auto-pick the correct cIOS.

3. Neogamma will use whatever cIOS is in slot 249. Or ÂMIOS if you're running a gamecube game. There is a way to change it, but still: if you're going to use an USB drive, I would suggest not using neogamma for wii backups.

4. not sure what you mean by "seeing stuff" on priiloader. Tell it to autoboot what you want it to autoboot (the system menu or the HBC at this point) and forget about it until you need it.

11. Zerox8610
    OP

United States

I meant what is Priiloader and should I have it lol...

Btw I'm on 4.3U, should I change that???

12. Taleweaver

Belgium
    Check modmii or google for what priiloader does. The short answer is: yes, you need it (if nothing else, it's safeguarding against banner bricks and future updates from nintendo).

And no, you shouldn't change your firmware. Never. People who think they need to do that are confusing their wii with other systems where it actually makes a difference. On the wii, the "difference" between firmwares is about 90% in the IOS'es and 9% antipiracy.