LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

This goes out to all the Mac users. I just "Made the switch" as of last night and now I'm running Mac OS X on my PC but I was wondering, is there a program that's similar to Imgburn that I can use?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about creating an image from a disc? I also do a lot of copying of stuff. Can the disc utility be used for that as well. It's kinda odd but I'm trying to catch up on 6 years of not using a Mac. I grew up with Mac OS but since hitting college and adulthood, its been Windows for the past 6 years... I HATE Windows
tongue.gif
...Yuk!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that this is slightly off topic but does anyone know of a media player that can be used with multiple video types. I used to use Media Player Classic on Vista and XP but over here in OSX things are starting to seem like a mixed bag. Even Real Player, which prides itself on its .flv support in Windows doesn't have any .flv support on its Mac version
frown.gif
Not to mention I just finished downloading Windows media Player for the Mac but it's a .bin file. How do I open it?

sblur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LightyKD said:
I know that this is slightly off topic but does anyone know of a media player that can be used with multiple video types. I used to use Media Player Classic on Vista and XP but over here in OSX things are starting to seem like a mixed bag. Even Real Player, which prides itself on its .flv support in Windows doesn't have any .flv support on its Mac version
frown.gif
A lot of people might suggest VLC, but VLC is kind of sucky.
Download Perian, it allows Quicktime and iTunes (and any other Mac Video player based on Quicktime) to load .flv, .mkv, DivX, XviD, etc.

Edit:
In response to your second question, to play Windows Media Player files there's a Quicktime Plugin called Flip4Mac. Microsoft's site has a download link for it.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
biggrin.gif
I got VLC. I like it but I also know it's not as feature filled as Media Player Classic. Never the less, it's fine
smile.gif
Right now I'm enjoying "Animal Crossing the Movie". Once I get my copy of I movie I plan on combining the 4 parts to make one big file.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LightyKD said:
Hey everyone,

This goes out to all the Mac users. I just "Made the switch" as of last night and now I'm running Mac OS X on my PC but I was wondering, is there a program that's similar to Imgburn that I can use?

So you mean to say that you're running Leopard on NOT-Apple hardware.
blink.gif

You. Suck.
mad.gif

sblur said:
QUOTE(LightyKD @ Jan 10 2009, 12:41 PM) I know that this is slightly off topic but does anyone know of a media player that can be used with multiple video types. I used to use Media Player Classic on Vista and XP but over here in OSX things are starting to seem like a mixed bag. Even Real Player, which prides itself on its .flv support in Windows doesn't have any .flv support on its Mac version
frown.gif
Download Perian, it allows Quicktime and iTunes (and any other Mac Video player based on Quicktime) to load .flv, .mkv, DivX, XviD, etc.

Edit:
In response to your second question, to play Windows Media Player files there's a Quicktime Plugin called Flip4Mac. Microsoft's site has a download link for it.

VLC is a great player! Don't you what file you used to test VLC with but it's great. And it also works perfectly with the Apple remote.

Also, I'm pretty sure you could just right-click on the desktop (or Control+Left-Click if you don't have both Primary and Secondary buttons set) and create a Burn folder. Then copy the ISO file there and burn. That should work as well but didn't test it ... yet.

R

r3v3rb

Burn does support iso burning use the COPY option on the far right - having just burnt 20 odd wii games in the last week I can vouch for it - it has not created one coaster yet. Just remember to use this to set your booktype to dvd-rom if you use DVD+R for burning.

http://www.plak.net/dvdplustool/ - Great freeware to set the booktype on Apple SuperDrives.

Also I find VLC to be a great media player have been using it since getting my MacBook Pro when they first came out, although I do also have Perian installed too - just to keep all options open
smile.gif

You might also want to get UnRarX as it seems to do a better job of decompressing the 'shared' files you might find floating around the 'net.

And JDownloader is a must if you use any storage facilities to download from...

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
LightyKD said:
Hey everyone,

So you mean to say that you're running Leopard on NOT-Apple hardware.
blink.gif

You. Suck.
mad.gif

sblur said:
QUOTE(LightyKD @ Jan 10 2009, 12:41 PM) I know that this is slightly off topic but does anyone know of a media player that can be used with multiple video types. I used to use Media Player Classic on Vista and XP but over here in OSX things are starting to seem like a mixed bag. Even Real Player, which prides itself on its .flv support in Windows doesn't have any .flv support on its Mac version
frown.gif

Edit:

VLC is a great player! Don't you what file you used to test VLC with but it's great. And it also works perfectly with the Apple remote.

Also, I'm pretty sure you could just right-click on the desktop (or Control+Left-Click if you don't have both Primary and Secondary buttons set) and create a Burn folder. Then copy the ISO file there and burn. That should work as well but didn't test it ... yet.

*giggle* correction I'm running Tiger (10.4.8) on non Apple hardware. Sorry but I can't afford a true Mac Once again, thanks to everyone for your help
biggrin.gif
I really appreciate it. Right now I need to head back to getting my copy of "i-Life 08" and the "10.4.9 update". I got "Office Mac" yesterday and low and behold I need 10..9 to run it
frown.gif
. Geez, even on Mac OS, Microsoft still sux

jeffc313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is dd included in OS X?
if so to copy to a .iso
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/path/to/iso/you/wish/to/create.iso

EidolonDeprave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sblur said:
I would also suggest LiquidCD, because I don't think Burn can rip images?

Burn can rip the images thats what I use for now. Thats only cause the current version of Liquid CD wont recognize Wii ISO as of now but they plan to fix that with the next update. But I have tried several burning programs for Mac and Liquid CD is the best so far just wait for the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o