Imagine, zelda+FF7

kiel379

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was thinking the other day about a zelda themed jrpg with a FF7 like feel, how cool would it be to see link standing like cloud in a battle sequence. Screw the motion plus sword thing in skyward sword, I think zelda would lend itself perfectly to the turn baised battle style, navi as a enemy selector, zelda as a healer obviously, epona as a summon like chocobo and mog. Could even have tingle as a blue Mage even though I hate the little bastard. Anyone elce think this would be cool? Any ideas for the characters? I would love to try and make this game but the last game making I did was on RPG maker when I was like 14 and it was terrible lol.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Not to discourage you, but honestly it sounds like a bad idea. The concept of Zelda games is that it is not like other RPG's. You loose the platforming aspect in the recent CG versions, as well as the dungeon crawling. No one wants to be attacked by Keese or chu's every two steps, that is annoying. Actually as far as my reply goes, I hope it encourages you to make it. The elements in the Zelda series do not mesh with the standard RPG style, it would take a lot of work to make it enjoyable without being cumbersome.

Reactions: 2 people

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Makes about as much sense as a Tetris driving game.
reminded me of this game
55lKM.jpg

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
how about we leave zelda, and FF7 the way they are...
Randomly throwing zelda characters into a game genre will not automatically make it good...
but hey, I could be surprised

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Definitely not. The main characteristics of Zelda's gameplay are items, dungeons. By making a Zelda "a la FF7", you would just remove those.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the other day about a zelda themed jrpg with a FF7 like feel, how cool would it be to see link standing like cloud in a battle sequence. Screw the motion plus sword thing in skyward sword, I think zelda would lend itself perfectly to the turn baised battle style, navi as a enemy selector, zelda as a healer obviously, epona as a summon like chocobo and mog. Could even have tingle as a blue Mage even though I hate the little bastard. Anyone elce think this would be cool? Any ideas for the characters? I would love to try and make this game but the last game making I did was on RPG maker when I was like 14 and it was terrible lol.

No, I would not enjoy zelda as a jrpg. Zelda has it's perks and so do FF. Meshing them together isn't a good idea.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If Zelda went as any kind of RPG, i'd rather it stick with action. Being able to level up Link, collect equipment, and all that jazz would be kinda cool, but I really don't think it'd work overall.
Making it turn based would be horrid, however.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
You could do charecter classes based on charecters from zelda, Sheikah, TIngle, Zora, Goron etc.

kiel379

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LMAO, dam I was just throwing an idea out their. 90% of people hate it lol. Well I think it would still be a good idea and as for "if it ain't broke don't fix it" if everyone thought like that we would still be living in caves. Look at kingdom hearts, FF characters and Micky FUKIN mouse....crazy but it works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy