Image of Canadian people

What image comes to mind when you hear "Canadian"?

• They're very British

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're very French

• They're very American, American as in USA

• Canadians are Candians, unique people

• They live in igloos

• Same sex marriage comes to mind

• They like maple syrup

• Hong Kong has taken over Canada by now

• Isn't Canada U.S.'s 51st State?

• They're all Marijuana addicts

• They're all Ice Hockey fanatics

• Total voters

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They like maple syrup
biggrin.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think they're a rather unique folk. Ever since I heard the expression, "Canadians dont hate" when I was about 10 years old I' decided I was moving to Canada, hopefully on a small farm, when I get the chance.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well we shoot fewer people I guess. Doesn't mean big Canadian cities don't have gangs and road rage and stuff.
A serial rapist recently escaped from Prison around here, so I'm sharpening my kitchin knives just in case
tongue.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gizmo_gal said:
I think they're a rather unique folk. Ever since I heard the expression, "Canadians dont hate" when I was about 10 years old I' decided I was moving to Canada, hopefully on a small farm, when I get the chance.

Canadians are generally friendly people, but don't think we're all nice nice types.
While it's true peacekeeping forces is a Canadian invention, most are unaware, that during the Vietnam war some Canadians went south (while some Americans were coming north) because we WANTED to go. Any real Canadian loves a good fight.
Canadians are currently fighting in Afghanistan. The Marines actually rather like having our world famous snipers around. Things tend to be a lot safer with them on the patrol.

But we often get a bit of flak from Americans, because we like a good laugh, and have no trouble laughing at them. It's important to remember though, we like laughing at ourselves equally. So if an American is having trouble with a Canadian comedian, well tough
smile.gif

If you come to Canada though, do NOT go to our cities. Real Canada is only found out in the small towns. Our cities are too multicultural. They resemble nothing.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thaigrocer said:
Maple syrup and lean pork products. Don't forget the Québécois: they're apparently more French than the French.

mon dieu le Québécois me conduisent bien hors de mon arbre. Ils sont les personnes les plus désagréables sur terre.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love this post. Because I've always been a Canadian loving american. I've always loved hockey, always loved Grade A dark amber Maple syrup. Always loved Poutine (with Goat cheese sometimes). Loved weed too much for a long time...I am half-french canadian by blood. My last name begins with Le. and my grade school had milk in bags. I grew up in maine, which Quebec wanted to secede with. And damn...the girls dress really nicely in your cities and the people seem really decent. I now live even closer to canada than I did in the past. As close as a mile away depending on if I'm at the summer home (ooh la la). But yeah, I'm speaking of the french canada, Quebec since thats all I've ever really known. Good stuff, eh?

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Panzer Tacticer said:
thaigrocer said:
Maple syrup and lean pork products. Don't forget the Québécois: they're apparently more French than the French.

mon dieu le Québécois me conduisent bien hors de mon arbre. Ils sont les personnes les plus désagréables sur terre.

Les Québécois sont sympa par contre ils parlent bizarrement le francais...

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bosscolor said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
thaigrocer said:

on parle pas francais, c'est Joual tabernac

Although forget Canadian Bacon, if you want an excellent and entertaining window into Canadian culture, especially the french/english issue
I suggest "Bon Cop, Bad Cop".

Edit- Also Panzer Tacticer you got one thing wrong, 18 is really only a suggestion, especially in the smaller towns outside, they'll serve you as long as you look around 13.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bosscolor said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
thaigrocer said:

English only. Rules of the board.

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
bosscolor said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
thaigrocer said:

Those from quebec use some english expressions as well as some english words not commun in "french french" that they translate in their dialect, making it rather confusing for us native french people to understand them by times, also they have quite a unique accent, it not hard to spot someone who's from quebec here in france

edit: they don't sell beer in supermarkets in the states?

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
DarkAura said:
OMG some of us can't understand WTH you guys are saying.

QUOTE said:
- We are an English speaking community. Please post in English ONLY. (Legible English!!)

basicly panzer said he disliked those from quebec and than bosscolor reponded that they're ok but that they have a funny acent

HaitianVoodoo9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Endogene said:
bosscolor said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
thaigrocer said:

Those from quebec use some english expressions as well as some english words not commun in "french french" that they translate in their dialect, making it rather confusing for us native french people to understand them by times, also they have quite a unique accent, it not hard to spot someone who's from quebec here in france

edit: they don't sell beer in supermarkets in the states?
All canadians have an accent.
lecture.gif

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wow, these results are pretty... surprising to say the least, coming from a canadian.

1. yes, we do like maple syrup, but i can't say i know anybody who is completely obsessed with it...
2. We are hockey fans, but yknow, its not like everybody is wearing jerseys and rioting through the streets cheering for their favourite team... that only happens during playoff time
tongue.gif

3. Hong Kong aint taken us over... if theres been a conquest happening, its the indians (or indo-canadians, i'm one and damn proud of it), the reason we came to canada is because our country is too small, i mean, its the most crowded country in the world.
4. "they are all marijuana addicts" wtf, sure, theres a few weed addicts here and there, but the non-addict to addict ratio is like 1:30

edit:

"All canadians have an accent."
middle-finger.jpg

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I made the vote choices based on comments made by non-Canadian people I know, so those are not my perception but stereotypes made by foreigners? kinda list.

Well about Canadians having an accent, I literally ROFLed at Russel Peters' joke on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ❄️ 😡 ❄️