Hardware I'm sure you're tired of hearing this... EZ Flash IV Help, ple

Darthn312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll try to make this short... I just got my EZ Flash IV in the mail. I'm using a 2gb Micro SD Card, formatted to FAT through the Micro to Mini adapter. I've been messing with this thing for easily two hours and have yet to run a ROM. I followed the instructions properly and updated it, put on some ROMS, and every time I boot it up I either get "Can't find disk", a series of other strange errors, or on the rare occasion that it actually lets me through, I try to run a game and it either gives me a weird error containing the word FAT, or tries to run it and gives me a blank white screen. Could somebody please help me?

Darthn312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, update time! I've managed to get 4 games running on the thing. Sadly, Mother 3 wasn't one of them, I kept getting the "Nor space is not enough" error. I tried putting a new Mother 3 Rom on, thinking the one I had might be bad, and I've gotten the "Sector 0, Data 0" a TON of times... Any ideas?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
my ez flash IV has a tough time remembering saves for games like megaman battle network 6 :(

edit: Oh hi Schlupi!

roms having spaces between their filename can cause issues like this. Also the micro sd may be seriously fragmented (data clusters messed up) so backup ASAP, format then copy everything back.

-

OP: Mother 3 is one of few GBA games which requires 32MB (whose PSRAM has 16MB only, or simply, the memory you use phisically when you launch a game from the miniSD). So you'll need to "press select" when you're on Mother3 GBA, then it'll ask you to "write this game to NOR". Put yes (A button I think), wait some minutes and when you're done, go back to the root "folder" (the one where you see [EZ disk, or simply, your mini SD]).

You should see Mother3 there. Press A to run the game. (Note that NOR is a permanent 32MB memory, aside from PSRAM which is 16MB and the one you usually use when you run games directly from mini SD)

Alright, update time! I've managed to get 4 games running on the thing. Sadly, Mother 3 wasn't one of them, I kept getting the "Nor space is not enough" error. I tried putting a new Mother 3 Rom on, thinking the one I had might be bad, and I've gotten the "Sector 0, Data 0" a TON of times... Any ideas?

Uhh, mother3 is a 32MB ROM. You can't run that game from PSRAM. Also, the Data 0 stuff is when hardware has trouble accessing Mini SD phisically [this could be caused by MiniSD fitted wrongly, that MiniSD is fragmented like mad or simply the MiniSD adapter has issues with EZ-IV]

Reactions: 1 person

Darthn312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem with doing that... Is that when I press select on Mother 3 as I have tried a bunch of times, I get the "NOR space is not enough" error! It doesn't start loading anything.

Reactions: 1 person

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
then you have a rom in NOR. NOR is 32MB at most (ez 4 deluxe has 64MB, though). To erase a game from NOR, press select while on NOR (ez root directory) then press A. Make sure there are no roms there before you try writing Mother3

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Spyro, Mother 3, Pokemon Sapphire, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon all need to be written to NOR as Coto describes.

It's a looong process, but then when it's there it loads up immediately.

I would suggest getting a Mini SD instead of using the adapter. You're just asking for trouble. Even if that isn't the cause of your problems -- and I suspect it is -- you're going to have a corrupted save at some point in the future in a game you have spent hours and hours playing.

Your profile says you're in the US. Amazon has 2 gig ones for a measly 9 bucks. I think you should get one. 2 gigs is enough to put every worthwhile GBA game and a good part of the crappy ones.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would suggest getting a Mini SD instead of using the adapter. You're just asking for trouble. Even if that isn't the cause of your problems -- and I suspect it is -- you're going to have a corrupted save at some point in the future in a game you have spent hours and hours playing.
I'm using mine with a microSD-to-miniSD adapter and it works wonderfully, never had a corrupted save or anything. Might just be a case of his adapter being defective, but I wouldn't consider all microSD-to-miniSD adapters as a bad choice ;) My two cents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill