Hardware I'm still here waiting what the Tegra X1 custom is capable of...

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Zelda framerate drops are a result of it being a ported Wii U game. 720p is native for BotW, and Wii U gets lots of drops at 720p anyway. OTOH it runs flawlessly in Switch portable mode. What this shows us is that Switch is more powerful than Wii U, even in portable mode, and that's about 40% of what it can do in docked mode.

THIS for fuck's sake. People are having serious trouble understand why the Switch, supposedly more powerful than a Wii U, has framerate drops. The game isn't made for the Switch, that is all. And Breath of the Wild is DEFINITIVELY not a technical proof of what the Switch is capable of. I am pretty sure that within the year, we'll see far more impressive games than this one.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
THIS for fuck's sake. People are having serious trouble understand why the Switch, supposedly more powerful than a Wii U, has framerate drops. The game isn't made for the Switch, that is all. And Breath of the Wild is DEFINITIVELY not a technical proof of what the Switch is capable of. I am pretty sure that within the year, we'll see far more impressive games than this one.

More importantly, even the Day 1 Patch (at least, for some people) has improved things.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, like the best game of all times (according to gamerankings and metacritic) for a day one launch is a CLEAR sign that we are gonna get shit on this console. Oh my.
Don't get me wrong I loved Botw. I was mainly making my points towards how many indie games on the switch there are opposed to some main Nintendo games or ports.

Reactions: DrkBeam

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Don't get me wrong I loved Botw. I was mainly making my points towards how many indie games on the switch there are opposed to some main Nintendo games or ports.
They are spacing the releases. It's a very smart business move. Us early adopters get a steady stream of games and the library is a nice chunk for the Christmas season when they release a ace card.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Who cares about what the switch is capable? I mean in terms of PlayStation or Xbox it matters cause most games are also available on PC sooner or later or on launch day. The good thing about switch would be that it will host wide variety of unique ways to play along with plethora of great first party titles!

I'm still not 100 percent sided with the switch tho, Nintendo failed to grasp proper ergonomics with the device according to reviews the right analog placement is very uncomfortable, especially when Attached to the device itself and other such issues etc.

Reactions: Kioku

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And there never'll be any official communication about the power of the chip, god forbid Nintendo. They are doing what they always done best: showing stuff, gameplay, new ways of playing, not putting technical sheets in front of our eyes and yelling "here! You see? We have 340 teraflops of raw power, which is 45% stronger than any of our competitors. Please buy our system".

But for your information everything Xzi said is true, the last benchmarks on the dock for the console show 20% less raw power than a Xbone One, which is tremendous, taking into account the size of the console, and its handheld format

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like. We don't care. No one cares at ALL if it is better or worse than a Pascal. What kind of question is that? You compare the power of a Graphic card made for a PC, with all it has to take into account, and a console system?

And saying "worse than a pascal" doesnt mean a thing. Pascal GC range from the GTX 1050 to the 1080 Ti. A Maxwell 970 is more powerful than a Pascal 1050. So really no point asking that.

Actually, IMO, is useless to try to make understand "comparison kiddies" about what's really important on gaming devices, and I'm sure you know what's that.

You can never ever compare a PC to a console. The console will always lose.

Actually you can compare anything to anything, but that doesn't mean it would make sense to do it. The point is what are you using your devices for and if they do what they're built for.

Quality of games wise, you definitely can.
And you can bet if Nintendo are making the games, they win.

Its ridiculous how good they are at making games.

That's true, Nintendo makes games not "superconsoles with lame games"... that's the fun we look for when we get a console turned on, and they know how to provide it. No need for "Super Ultra High-Res graphics", just the fun and that's it.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who cares about what the switch is capable? I mean in terms of PlayStation or Xbox it matters cause most games are also available on PC sooner or later or on launch day. The good thing about switch would be that it will host wide variety of unique ways to play along with plethora of great first party titles!

I'm still not 100 percent sided with the switch tho, Nintendo failed to grasp proper ergonomics with the device according to reviews the right analog placement is very uncomfortable, especially when Attached to the device itself and other such issues etc.
people keep saying that, yet it's not even close to true. Maybe all the Xbox games are coming to PC but who cares about the Xbox brand. Sony and Nintendo have a billion exclusive console games.

PC gamers get better graphics...yay!?

Last edited by Bonestorm,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
people keep saying that, yet it's not even close to true. Maybe all the Xbox games are coming to PC but who cares about the Xbox brand. Sony and Nintendo have a billion exclusive console games.

PC gamers get better graphics...yay!?

You have to buy the console if you really think the exclusives are worth it. That's a given. PC doesn't require pay for general online services. Subscription based games aside. There's also more, but this isn't the thread for it.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, IMO, is useless to try to make understand "comparison kiddies" about what's really important on gaming devices, and I'm sure you know what's that.

Actually you can compare anything to anything, but that doesn't mean it would make sense to do it. The point is what are you using your devices for and if they do what they're built for.

That's true, Nintendo makes games not "superconsoles with lame games"... that's the fun we look for when we get a console turned on, and they know how to provide it. No need for "Super Ultra High-Res graphics", just the fun and that's it.
Ah yeah, nintendo games... the ones who saved the wii u, oh wait.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to buy the console if you really think the exclusives are worth it. That's a given. PC doesn't require pay for general online services. Subscription based games aside. There's also more, but this isn't the thread for it.
Why on Earth would PC charge for online services? EVERY SINGLE GAME that has online on PC is hacked to hell and back. Who would pay for that anyway?

Your right this is not the right thread, but if hes going to state his opinion on consoles as a fact ill state my opinion on PC's.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Zelda framerate drops are a result of it being a ported Wii U game. 720p is native for BotW, and Wii U gets lots of drops at 720p anyway. OTOH it runs flawlessly in Switch portable mode. What this shows us is that Switch is more powerful than Wii U, even in portable mode, and that's about 40% of what it can do in docked mode.

wait, doesn't this confirm Eurogamer's own initial leak (sadly) about the custom Tegra X1 capability? which puts the switch a bit lower than half the XboxOne performance when docked, if I understand correctly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp