Hacking I'm really getting tired of the black screens!

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I keep getting the black screen after the screen that says you need to put the wrist strap on on Wario Ware Smooth Moves. It stays like that and I have to go up to the wii and hard reset. I've tried everything, I've gotten it 3 different ways all of them did not work. I installed cioscorp, nothing. I've tried different cios revs (on 14 right now) NOTHING.

Now I've come to terms that it just won't work for me.

But NOW the conduit gives me a black screen after the trademarks screen with all the text and I have to go up and hard reset.

I've tried usb loader GX (with 002 fix on), usb loader ultimate, and neo gamma but they all give black screens (except for usb loader ultimate it gives me the 002 error). Can someone please tell me how to fix this?! This is really getting freaking annoying.

Also I would like to know honestly which cios to use I always use the latest but I mean it's impossible to know anymore cause 9 is bad, 12 broke some thing, 13a broke usb (I think) and 13b idk...so I honestly don't know which one to use. Also should I uninstall a my last cios before updating or does it not matter? Cause I didn't know if it automatically overwrote the last one...

Anyways thanks in advance, I really want this to work.

(And it's not my USB or my wii cause I got Oboro Muramasa and Super Paper Mario to work)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried forcing different video modes? Use Configurable USB Loader and try using each of the video mode options. Installing a different IOS is easy, they all just install over each other, but it doesn't sound like an IOS bug. 14 is the best right now, except for Brawl, which you should install IOS222 for.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you see it's NTSC-U which is what my TV is, I only force it when I'm playing Oboro Muramasa which is NTSC-J.

So should I tell it to force NTSC-U? Also in neogamma I can choose which IOS to use but it only give me the option to use 249 or 222. Which should I use?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Well you see it's NTSC-U which is what my TV is, I only force it when I'm playing Oboro Muramasa which is NTSC-J.

So should I tell it to force NTSC-U? Also in neogamma I can choose which IOS to use but it only give me the option to use 249 or 222. Which should I use?
Just try them all, it might help. I've had some PAL games on my PAL Wii not show up properly until testing the other settings. IOS222 is better for some drives. I doubt it would fix your problem, but it's worth a try. Check the tutorial in my sig to see how to install it if you haven't done so already.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well uh...ok...

1. I tried inserting a random Wii game that didn't help
2. Turning off wiiconnect24 did not help
3. Try to force NTSC-U did not help
4. Running under cios222 made it black screen before it even got to the safety and copyright screen
5. Telling it to do the disc default language did not help
6. Telling it to do English language did not help
7. Turning on the patch country strings did not help.

So yah...and the only thing I can think of that may be stopping it from loading is my custom system menu theme, cios corp (which is very unlikely cause I installed cioscorp in attempt to get it working), and the cmios for GC backup launcher (which does work, I've had it work for 2 games >.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Why dont you try hermes cios 223 37/ 36, this should do the trick. Just try it, this made MH3 playable without any problems.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried that and it still didn't work
frown.gif

Should I try turning on the Block IOS Reload option?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if you grab a WII component cable (Red, Blue, Green video and Red, White audio) and plug it in into a HDTV/progressive scan TV this will solve your troubles. I'm almost positive.

I had problems with 9ish PAL games on my NTSC console and the cable/tv combo fixed all of them.
one of the games i had problems with was Warioware and it works fine now!
I too got the health and safety screen and then a black screen where my remote doesn't turn it off. but after using the component cable and HDTV every game has worked since!!

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PBC said:
Honestly if you grab a WII component cable (Red, Blue, Green video and Red, White audio) and plug it in into a HDTV/progressive scan TV this will solve your troubles. I'm almost positive.

I had problems with 9ish PAL games on my NTSC console and the cable/tv combo fixed all of them.
one of the games i had problems with was Warioware and it works fine now!
I too got the health and safety screen and then a black screen where my remote doesn't turn it off. but after using the component cable and HDTV every game has worked since!!

1. These are not PAL games >.> they're NTSC-U games which is what my console and TV are.
2. I'm not sure if I have a progressive scan TV (I'm pretty sure I have an HDTV, flat screens count right?). The TV it's currently hooked up to is a sorta old big black Magnavox TV...sooooo...yah
3. Can you link me to a picture of one or where I might be able to buy one?

Thanks.

EDIT: I found a 10 dollar cable on Dealextreme and a 4-in-1 15 dollar cable on realhotstuff, on the reviews in DealExtreme alot of people said they had problems because of the cheap cable and found that it was their USB drive sometimes and sometimes the cheap cables themselves. I really don't want to spend more than 15 dollars on a cable because I need my other 20 left for an M3i Zero.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
mlb10586915.jpg

This is what you want. Plug it in and your good to go. Course it might not solve all your problems...just makes the screen look better.
Funny thing is that Skies of Arcadia NTSC works with it , however Megaman X Collection NTSC doesn't.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I know it sounds weird. If you have an HDTV then that will work. Start by trying the games on that TV with the old cable, force different modes. Dink around...and if that fails try the component cable. The only explanation I can think of is the WII encounters an error when it realizes that it can not display properly and it just kinda shuts down. Green light on, but nothing happening right?

I'm only talking for experience, i don't have full technical knowledge of how/why this fixes it.

If you are sure you have burned correctly, at a low speed, with book-type -R , and have tried other Cios and loaders and such then this would be my only suggestion.

As i said before, I did it on a hunch and it worked for me.
If it doesn't fix anything then at the least you have better picture quality for all the games that do work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY