Hacking Im on the verge of having this work but someone please tell me what im doing wrong!

mAckAdAms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I have tried three seperate clean installs of the latest Atmosphere, hekate, tinfoil, goldleaf etc. I keep running into the issues please help me. I can boot into hb menu but never can boot into it while holding R on anything. It always goes into applet mode, and when I try to install a game any game from SD, or from usb it crashes the program I am using (tinfoil,goldleaf). Also, when i click more configurations in hekate 5.5.8, it says no .ini or boot enteries found check that .ini exists in bootloader .ini I do however have the ini in there. The sig patched are also copied orver. emuMMC is enabled. I am on firmware 12.1 on an unpatched switch. Please help guys I know a few of you know whats wrong with my attempts at hacking this completely.

Reactions: osaka35

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone I have tried three seperate clean installs of the latest Atmosphere, hekate, tinfoil, goldleaf etc. I keep running into the issues please help me. I can boot into hb menu but never can boot into it while holding R on anything. It always goes into applet mode, and when I try to install a game any game from SD, or from usb it crashes the program I am using (tinfoil,goldleaf). Also, when i click more configurations in hekate 5.5.8, it says no .ini or boot enteries found check that .ini exists in bootloader .ini I do however have the ini in there. The sig patched are also copied orver. emuMMC is enabled. I am on firmware 12.1 on an unpatched switch. Please help guys I know a few of you know whats wrong with my attempts at hacking this completely.
Try holding L instead of R (while launching a game) to enter hb in full ram . Try DBI as installer for the games, For the ini in Hekate, it might be in your bootliader but not property set up.

Last edited by Maupiti,

mAckAdAms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for answering! I downloaded DBI and it is working so thats fantastic. I still cannot log into the higher ram mode though and cant figure that out. Also, I am confused how if I am using fat 32 sd card, then how is this program installing 4 plus gigabyte files. Is the fat 32 format supposed to be limited to 4 gb files? this is strange, I think my .ini is messed up or not set up properly, can you tell if it is please?

[config]
updater2p=1
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp
{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

It also still shows error for .ini on the more configurations tab in hekate.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for answering! I downloaded DBI and it is working so thats fantastic. I still cannot log into the higher ram mode though and cant figure that out. Also, I am confused how if I am using fat 32 sd card, then how is this program installing 4 plus gigabyte files. Is the fat 32 format supposed to be limited to 4 gb files? this is strange, I think my .ini is messed up or not set up properly, can you tell if it is please?

[config]
updater2p=1
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp
{}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

It also still shows error for .ini on the more configurations tab in hekate.
Ok, so now I understand why tinfoil didn’t work..,It doesn’t allow fss0.., how are you launching your CFW switch ? AutoRCM ? Dongle or pc ? As for fat32, all good installers can handle split files and do the install “on the fly”. Don’t even think about exfat, just a mess on switch, your Hekate ini.. where does it come from ? . I suggest a fusee primary launch, works better for a “lot of things “.
For the full ram access on hb, are you launching a title, keeping pressed R until you choose a user and keeping pressed ?

Last edited by Maupiti,

mAckAdAms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I launch with a jig from amazon, and use TegraRCM to inject hikate. That is where i select launch>Atmosphere fsso EmuMMC. More configs says .ini is missing and I can launch fusee-primary under payloads tab. How do I change it to fusee primary? So far ive tested 3 games successfully, but a cpl do not work. So how do you install a game that has 2 files, using DBI?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I launch with a jig from amazon, and use TegraRCM to inject hikate. That is where i select launch>Atmosphere fsso EmuMMC. More configs says .ini is missing and I can launch fusee-primary under payloads tab. How do I change it to fusee primary? So far ive tested 3 games successfully, but a cpl do not work. So how do you install a game that has 2 files, using DBI?
Under DBI, install base , and then update or dlcs. For tegra, use fusee primary, once in Hekate, go to Hekate tools , usb..retrieve your config ini edit it with notepad++ to have proper config..

Last edited by Maupiti,

mAckAdAms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for clearing up the multiple files. what do I edit on the .ini? I have it on my desktop, which section of the .ini do I change from secondary to primary there is 3 of them that say secondary? I got .ini either online or from the sd card I prepped to hack the switch originally. this is my third attempt and is the furthest ive gotten to actually playing backups.

mAckAdAms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have helped me a lot over that hurdle. I now have multiple games working and not sure if I even need to change the .ini at this point.
However, it seems I will have future issues if I dont change it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Jared and his blood covered foot long