Gaming I'm not sure what the Trucha exploit actually is

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Is it the thing that lets you play burned games in general, or the thing that lets you play US games on a PAL system?
If there's no more Trucha exploit does that mean we won't be able to run GCOS and stuff like the Wiikey Config disc?

I know my SSBB had to be Trucha patched so it works on my PAL Wii, but people seem to make a big deal out of this new Wii Update which apparently seems to fix the Trucha exploit so I guess there must be more to it than just losing the ability to play imports.

EDIT: I was also planning on taking my Wii Online tomorrow so I could play SSBB Online and was really looking forward to that, but now I'm afraid to go online with the system.
How does the Wii handle system updates? Does it automatically prompt for updates or hell even forces you to update every time you go online until you accept it or does it only look for updates and prompts for them if you go to the System Settings and choose the Update System option?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome, so I can safely go online and start having my ass handed to me by them professional SSBB people without worrying that my Wii will start whining about an update? Cool
biggrin.gif

Now all I need is more info on what Trucha is

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
trucha is an application that runs on your pc. You can use it to open an iso file and modify it. You can change video modes (to patch ntsc to pal for example), you can remove the 001 protection and other things like that. It was also used to remove the censoring from manhunt 2. The trucha application then signs the iso so the wii will accept it as a valid disc. But the disc isn't really signed correctly, it makes use of an exploit in the wii's firmware. If nintendo patches this (and so apparantly they did), all trucha discs will no longer work

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks man
Damn, this is pretty bad, but at the same time it's not the end of Wii piracy altogether so that's sort of a good thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: