Homebrew Question I'm new to this

Markws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to this and decided to take an easy route so bought myself one of those dongles with 3 payloads, I followed youtube video, and i believe I managed to updated the OSs ( SX, Atmosphere, ReiNX) and the loader.

for the past 2 days I was trying to figure what what's Homebrew, and how to run ROMs using my switch after i managed to load the OS.
then i found out about goldleaf and other homebrew apps.

I wrote the previous introduction to state that the written above is all I know about switch emulation lol, take it easy with me.

I tried to install an nsp game while running on the atmosphere, and I got error 0x291 module ETicket (145) on Goldleaf, prior to that it stated that the game is already installed although there's no trace of it.

I will really appreciate any help here, and even if you can't help me with the error, would love to know if there's a possible way to find if this game is hiding somewhere on my memory to delete it.

thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to this and decided to take an easy route so bought myself one of those dongles with 3 payloads, I followed youtube video, and i believe I managed to updated the OSs ( SX, Atmosphere, ReiNX) and the loader.

for the past 2 days I was trying to figure what what's Homebrew, and how to run ROMs using my switch after i managed to load the OS.
then i found out about goldleaf and other homebrew apps.

I wrote the previous introduction to state that the written above is all I know about switch emulation lol, take it easy with me.

I tried to install an nsp game while running on the atmosphere, and I got error 0x291 module ETicket (145) on Goldleaf, prior to that it stated that the game is already installed although there's no trace of it.

I will really appreciate any help here, and even if you can't help me with the error, would love to know if there's a possible way to find if this game is hiding somewhere on my memory to delete it.

thanks
If you're using Atmosphere (not Kosmos), you need these signature patches:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

Markws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
thank you for replying,

one of the tools that I added with goldleaf was kosmos updater, but when i ran it the first time, I only chose to update Hekate without modifying anything else, can I processed and use the patch in the link provided?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for replying,

one of the tools that I added with goldleaf was kosmos updater, but when i ran it the first time, I only chose to update Hekate without modifying anything else, can I processed and use the patch in the link provided?
Which payload do you use when you coldboot your system? Hekate, or fusee-primary?

Markws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Which payload do you use when you coldboot your system? Hekate, or fusee-primary?
as far as I can tell, when I boot the game it says atmosphere (I'm on 0.9.3 btw) on the screen, I remember using fusee-primary.bin when I updated the first time as the payload, but not sure what are the effects of that kosmos updater altered the process or something.

is there a way from the homebrew to figure what what's running right now? because for me simply after the game boots i go to the album I press R+A then i get lost there.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I can tell, when I boot the game it says atmosphere (I'm on 0.9.3 btw) on the screen, I remember using fusee-primary.bin when I updated the first time as the payload, but not sure what are the effects of that kosmos updater altered the process or something.

is there a way from the homebrew to figure what what's running right now? because for me simply after the game boots i go to the album I press R+A then i get lost there.
Did you add the above signature patches?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
He means, which payload is on the dongle/did you boot it from the dongle with (if more than one are on your dongle).
edit: Atmosphere is fine. Thats a good base to start. Maybe the best.. ;) (Its important for us to know in which of the three CFWs you actually booted into.. ;) )

On goldleaf - make sure you are not using 0.6.0, it had an issue with installing bigger games onto fat32 partitions.

Why did you install 3 custom firmwares at once? Because a youtuber said so? Because it was some "many in one package" (Kosmos). Dont worry this is not an issue. Its just -- idk, funny? ;)

Presuming you dont care about getting banned from Nintendos Online service (installing .nsps on a non emunand is a sure ways to get banned):

With goldleaf installed on the switch, start small. Copy a different .nsp that is smaller than 4 GB onto the sdcard. Then install it through goldleaf. If you see that working, you can troubleshoot the PC client/driver installation on the PC side (presuming you did transfer/install with goaldleaf over USB).

If you dont have one - make a nand backup first. (In hekate.) Buy a separate 32gb sdcard for that. Ideally. (10 USD roughly.)

Then - if no game shows up, use goldleafs "manage sdcard (or internal storage, depending where you installed it to) option", it should show up there - if only numbers show up figure out the games 'game id' and cautiously deinstall that (as well as sub items of that id). Goldleaf should be able to do that even if it the game doesnt show up on the switch (odd). That way you should be able to try to install that .nsp again.

edit: Follow Lacius' lead. He'll will try to support you and do a good job as well. :)
Just answer my questions/try what I suggested - maybe, eventually, so we get additional information.

Also - start reading, and dont just follow youtube toutorials. The moron (sorry) quota on people wanting to play 'youtube helpa youtuber for the world' is high, and videos get outdated fast. Written tutorials can be updated easily - videos - different story.

@Everyone else - dont try to make this the norm for this subforum. ('I watched video - now, what have I done - help.')

Last edited by notimp,

Markws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

the update of that kosmos seems to have interfered with the fusee-primary... I believe that went wrong.. will format and update all the payloads again, will use the official atmosphere 0.9.3 with fusee-primary.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He means, which payload is on the dongle/did you boot it from the dongle with (if more than one are on your dongle).

On goldleaf - make sure you are not using 0.6.0, it had an issue with installing bigger games onto fat32 partitions.

Why did you install 3 custom firmwares at once? Because a youtuber said so? Because it was some "many in one package" (Kosmos). Dont worry this is not an issue. Its just -- idk, funny? ;)

Presuming you dont care about getting banned from Nintendos Online service (installing .nsps on a non emunand is a sure ways to get banned):

With goldleaf installed on the switch, start small. Copy a different .nsp that is smaller than 4 GB onto the sdcard. Then install it through goldleaf. If you see that working, you can troubleshoot the PC client/driver installation on the PC side (presuming you did transfer/install with goaldleaf over USB).

If you dont have one - make a nand backup first. (In hekate.) Buy a separate 32gb sdcard for that. Ideally. (10 USD roughly.)

If no game shows up, use goldleafs "manage sdcard (or internal storage, depending where you installed it to) option", it should show up there - of only numbers show up figure out the games 'game id' and cautiously deinstall that (as well as sub items of that id). Goldleaf should be able to do that even if it the game doesnt show up on the switch (odd). That way you should be able to try to install that .nsp again.

official Atmosphere, ReiNX and XS Os, using the RCMloader you can switch between 3 payloads easily, I get the extra SD for the nand for sure, and also for the goldleaf I have 0.6.1, I get to press install, and that error pops.

also I'm aware of the risk that I might get banned from Nintendo online services, I'm doing those tests on an extra console, thanks for the tips

Markws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Did you add the above signature patches?
I formatted the SD, Added all the atmosphere original files will be booting from fusee-primary, but I had suspicions regarding the nsp file, so I'm downloading a new one from a trusted source, will test again on it and update you if I get the error, also patched the atmosphere directory on the sd with the link you provided.

I really appreciate your patience with me

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted the SD, Added all the atmosphere original files will be booting from fusee-primary, but I had suspicions regarding the nsp file, so I'm downloading a new one from a trusted source, will test again on it and update you if I get the error, also patched the atmosphere directory on the sd with the link you provided.

I really appreciate your patience with me
I recommend using DZ Tinfoil instead of Goldleaf.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ok. So - if you were using Kosmos, you should have the "sweet patches" ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/ ) installed already. If you were not - you have to install them separately, so .nsps will load (just copy them over onto your SD card).

But this shouldnt be an issue with installing an .nsp, but only later, when trying to launch it - so something else went 'wrong' - what exactly - at least I dont know.

I used Goledleaf, never had your issue. You can try another installer program (like the one Lacius suggested) as well.

Last edited by notimp,

Markws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I recommend using DZ Tinfoil instead of Goldleaf.
yes, after the clean format, used Tinfoil instead, and everything seems to install perfectly without an issue, probably that nsp was corrupted as well, installed the new one and it is running thank you for the tips.

Ok. So - if you were using Kosmos, you should have the "sweet patches" ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/ ) installed already. If you were not - you have to install them separately, so .nsps will load (just copy them over onto your SD card).

But this shouldnt be an issue with installing an .nsp, but only later, when trying to launch it - so something else went 'wrong' - what exactly - at least I dont know.

I used Goledleaf, never had your issue. You can try another installer program (like the one Lacius suggested) as well.

thanks alot, the issue is solved

Reactions: Lacius

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
probably that nsp was corrupted as well,
Yes, that actually is likely.

Now (more serious talk), why do we need two people and six support posts, until you test, if the one thing you tried installing was actually functional?

If we are honest, and accept - that at first you didnt do much but watch a video, and then asked what you did after that - why don't you try eliminating the potential failure sources on your end first - before asking for help.

Like not reading. Or only trying to install one thing, once. And then running to a (wrong) forum for help.

Glad you got things sorted.

Next time, maybe dont install three custom firmwares at once, and then ask what you just did. And what you should learn next.

(Read, pick one, ... ;) )

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-