Hacking Im lost in a world of info.

frevreagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a newb to Wii hacking. Ive hacked my PSP and my Xbox, so im not new to the world, just the WII.

Ive got a new wii with the LU64 serial and 4.0u. From what I gather, I cannot downgrade, and my only option is to wait for the softmii 3.0. But im also getting that because i don't have the HBC installed already, im SOL. Can someone please clear up the confusion for me. Im getting all this data but alot is contradictory.

Thank you

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frevreagle said:
Im a newb to Wii hacking. Ive hacked my PSP and my Xbox, so im not new to the world, just the WII.

Ive got a new wii with the LU64 serial and 4.0u. From what I gather, I cannot downgrade, and my only option is to wait for the softmii 3.0. But im also getting that because i don't have the HBC installed already, im SOL. Can someone please clear up the confusion for me. Im getting all this data but alot is contradictory.

Thank you

what are you planning to use your Wii for?
if you want to use homebrew then you have to wait for a fix.
if you just want to play burned games then you could invest in a ModChip.

frevreagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.. using burned games is all i want it for. I don't like to use the original discs for anything, so i keep them seperate, that way if the burned disc gets ruined, i can just use another. Only one I haven't got to is PS3, i just try to be extra careful.

So the Bannerbomb will allow me to install HBC and let me run backup games? Im reading up on it and it looks like its another exploit that works the same as TP but isn't blocked by nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Guess its been out on PC for a year. Was up for some indie awards.