I'm losing my mind trying to install anything through gold leaf or awoo (applet issue)

Ikaruga007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I set up my SD card formatted at Fat 32 with an emunand partition of 29gb running my launch switch in emu nand mode. Hitting album and selecting gold leaf to install tinfoil.nsp or any game just gives out an error message. using the awoo installer it gives me the hint that it won't work using it in applet mode...

Haven't used my switch for about 2 years(last time was with FE TH) now and wanted to try XC3 on the original hardware but it seems to be impossible to even install it within the applet mode for some reason(I could swear I installed stuff easily before but I set up my SD card completely new with its own emu nand partition now). Tried to install it through awoo and the NSUSBLoader(cause archaic Fat32 doesn't like files larger than 4GB), which gets connected but is giving me an error message after a few seconds of it trying to install it.

So apparently I should hit R and run any installed game to not use applet mode, only issue is that I don't have any game installed and my XC2 cartridge shows up the game but the switch just demands that I go download some update first, which isn't possible because my Switch got banned from Nintendos Online services a long time ago. Anyone got an Idea how to install games without an already installed game to choose from?

I used https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch to set up my SD card files btw.

I'm currently sending my old "nintendo" folder back on my SD card(which takes ages), no clue if that will at least let me start XC2 so I can try the R-button while starting the game to not be in "applet mode"

Last edited by Ikaruga007,

Ikaruga007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to hold the R bumper trigger while initiating the game. Not tap and launch
That's the issue I have no game to do so.

Well whatever, I somehow managed to install tinfoil and through it update my XC2 game so I could finally run the Cartridge(even though it still is telling me I should download something else, which of course doesn't work, at least I can tap it away now) so that I can at least run it, I used the R button to get into the HBM without applet mode(there should be an easier way to do this, can't be that hard to implement...). Through the non applet mode I got another error message, indicating my firmware might be too old, yeah no kidding... So I figured out how to patch the FW even though Nintendo refuses to do so, used daybreak to update my firmware to 14.whatever (it was still on 10.something lol, well it was good enough for FE TH back then) and am now finally installing XC3 through awoo and the NS USBloader. (at a staggering slow speed of 3MB/s, will probably take an hour)

Why does this has to be so damn complicated after all these years? Once emulation finally becomes the way to go this stupid switch is landing on ebay, that's for sure, worst homebrew experience I ever had with any handheld. My steam deck already does Yuzu quite well anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone