steve2606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I've been playing Golden Sun for a while and got pretty far. I was using a DS Lite with the ez 3 in 1, and loading the roms from the Acekard 2i. It worked great for weeks, and today I turn it on to find that it has stopped loading my save file and goes straight to a new game. I can't believe it. All that work gone. The thing is, the Golden Sun .sav file is still on the card. Why would it suddenly erase/stop loading the save file? The other games still load their saves, so has it become corrupt somehow?

Shot in the dark, but is there any way at all to recover the save file? If not I'm pretty annoyed, but it's only a game I guess. Is there a Windows emulator that supports .sav so I can see if the data is still there?

Thanks in advance.

steve2606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just tried Aria Of Sorrow, and my save has stopped loading on that too. What the hell? I might just backup and re format my sd card. Start over.

Since I'm not flashing it to the 3 in 1, saves should never be deleted since they are on the Acekard, right?
blink.gif

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because your using AKAIO manage your game and due to the fact that it allows for customization of everything. You need to know that by default the setup will not automatically backup your save to file if you load it to NOR. You have to enable automatic backup for both PSRAM and NOR.

As to why your game stop loading, see first link in sig and under Maintainence to determine if your battery is dead or dying or use the SRAM test to determine if your battery is dying (it erases EVERYTHING in SRAM).

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
In VBA, File>import>battery file will let you test a .sav file on the computer

(Also I have several staggered backups from Imil onwards in Golden Sun, it won't be perfect but if you have lost the file depending on where you got to in the story I might be able to provide a savefile that's nearby to save you from starting over...?)

steve2606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
In VBA, File>import>battery file will let you test a .sav file on the computer

(Also I have several staggered backups from Imil onwards in Golden Sun, it won't be perfect but if you have lost the file depending on where you got to in the story I might be able to provide a savefile that's nearby to save you from starting over...?)

That would be awesome if you could. I was around the bit where you enter the colosseum in Tolbi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo