I'm getting a PS3, Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by TwinBlades, Dec 12, 2009.

Dec 12, 2009
  1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Hey guys, I've never actually played the real deal games and have sticked with old counter strike and my ds for the last...5 years I think. After finding out that COD MW2 had a big community and I just love that game XP, I've decided to get a PS3. I got my reasons and one of the big ones is because most of my friends have it. Another reason is because of free online without having to pay 150+ (wifi router and xlive for 360) and the PS3 has blue ray. Sorry for getting off track.

Okay, I was wondering if my T.V. will be able to handle the PS3? The thing is literally 15 years old and still works (22") fine. Secondly, are there any hardware out there that can allow me to hook up a computer or the product, mouse and keyboard so I can play FPS more easier (without any lag or any other cons). Thirdly, is there a controller that looks and feels similar to the 360 controller because I might get hand cramps cause I've never touched the sony consoles (or is it better to play with the ps3 controller for FPS games?) My last question, how long should I play my ps3 for so it doesn't break down and last longer.

Thanks guys and oh for the products for mouse/keyboard and the controller I want your opinion on it that you guys think best.

THANKS!!!

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

yeah your TV will be fine just don't expect it to be great with bluray/hd movie playback as that's really designed for HD screens!

and re controllers get the FRAG'N'STEIN controller I reviewed one here

[​IMG]

It's be specifically designed for FPS games such as COD,KILLZONE 2 on the PS3 etc also works on the PC too!

if your still not happy shop01 also sell a device that can convert a wired 360 usb controller to work with your PS3 [​IMG]

its called the CROSS BATTLE

[​IMG]

link

3. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Oh, thanks XP i was wondering tho, is there one that has a keyboard and a mouse?

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

a lot of wireless mice and keyboards do actually work with the PS3 .. check google for more info or some ps3 forums or even the offical Playstation forums for lists of compatible ones! [​IMG]

Personally as well as the Frag'n'Stein I have the PS3 wireless keypad addon by Sony
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

it also doubles as a touch pad with touch sensitive keys once set to touch pad mode you brush your finger over the letter keys and it moves the cursor around onscreen although this is more use in web browsing [​IMG]