Gaming I'm confused on system transfer

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just want to transfer my 3D games from my 3DS to my XL. But am I able to do that and if so, how would I go about doing it? I don't want the Ambassador titles and whatnot on my XL.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just tried the transfer, and all of my games are gone. They're not anywhere to be found. The transfer completed. I took the SD card out of the original 3DS, put it in the PC, copied over the entire folder to the new SD card, put the new SD card back in the XL, and now I have no games? I have to admit, I love that it deleted New Super Mario Bros. 2 off of my XL, so I now have to redownload that.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should not have to redownload any of your titles, you simply need to take the SD card out of your old 3DS and put it in your new 3DS, the one you just transferred data to.
Or simply copy over the ENTIRE SD card contents from the old card to a new card properly..
If you didn't do this properly you wouldn't find ANY of your content on whatever 3DS you'd be using regardless of having performed a system transfer or not.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You should not have to redownload any of your titles, you simply need to take the SD card out of your old 3DS and put it in your new 3DS, the one you just transferred data to.
Or simply copy over the ENTIRE SD card contents from the old card to a new card properly..
If you didn't do this properly you wouldn't find ANY of your content on whatever 3DS you'd be using regardless of having performed a system transfer or not.
The games are signed, there's no way that the ones he has installed on one 3DS will work on the other by swapping SD's.

I belive Nintendo has a program going on where you can transfer your software from a DSi to a 3DS, but I'm not sure if they also do 3DS to 3DS...

D

Deleted User

So I just tried the transfer, and all of my games are gone. They're not anywhere to be found. The transfer completed. I took the SD card out of the original 3DS, put it in the PC, copied over the entire folder to the new SD card, put the new SD card back in the XL, and now I have no games? I have to admit, I love that it deleted New Super Mario Bros. 2 off of my XL, so I now have to redownload that.
did you format the new sd card? i had the same problem but i fixed it by formatting and then put it on the sd card

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I copied the data I followed all the instructions on the screen(s). Then when they restarted. I took out the SD card out of the old 3DS, into the XL. Nothing. So I copied the data, the Nintendo folder to the new SD card, and still nothing. I had to redownload it all.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The games are signed, there's no way that the ones he has installed on one 3DS will work on the other by swapping SD's.

I belive Nintendo has a program going on where you can transfer your software from a DSi to a 3DS, but I'm not sure if they also do 3DS to 3DS...
It's a bit confusing but after transferring from one 3DS to another, you're supposed to take the SD card out of the old 3DS, and put it in the new one.
After the transfer, the SD card contents are not valid for the old 3DS, but are now valid for the new 3DS.

You should also be able to transfer the entire contents of one SD card over to a larger one (like the 3DS XL's 4gb card), and work correctly. This is what I did when upgrading to a 8gb card, and then a 32gb card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy