Homebrew I'm an utter noob, please help.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I'm going to do it tonight. I'm a bit nervous because of inexperience but hey, go big or go home.

I was going to ask this later but I figure I'll get it out of the way. Can someone link me to a current guide to installing freeshop? Thanks in advance.
your lack of exp is a blessing it forces you to read every step . . . while a lot of early a9lh bricks were caused by people assuming they may skip steps (due to prior knowledge that was fast becoming outdated at the time)
oh and there is no guide to install freeshop you need to google for freeshop.cia and (you will understand later how to) install it via fbi

Last edited by wormdood,

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yup, I'm going to do it tonight. I'm a bit nervous because of inexperience but hey, go big or go home.

I was going to ask this later but I figure I'll get it out of the way. Can someone link me to a current guide to installing freeshop? Thanks in advance.
freeShop was taken down, but you can still find it by searching on that iso site and installing the cia

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
freeShop was taken down, but you can still find it by searching on that iso site and installing the cia
your lack of exp is a blessing it forces you to read every step . . . while a lot of early a9lh bricks were caused by people assuming they may skip steps (due to prior knowledge that was fast becoming outdated at the time)
oh and there is no guide to install freeshop you need to google for freeshop.cia and (you will understand later how to) install it via fbi
Thanks to both of you.

Nerdtendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I started my attempt but when I download the DecryptWIP the guide tells me to copy decryptwip.bin to my sd card the folder has no .bin files. There are other various dot files but no .bin

Next problem, I used the h2testw thing to scan my SD card for problems, everything it checked was fine and good but it said it didn't check everywhere. Is that an issue?

EDIT: jk I'm a idiot, that's all sorted out

Last edited by Nerdtendo,

Nerdtendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guides telling me that I need a backup. How do I do that? Is it as simple as copy/pasting my SD card to another folder?

Nerdtendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, sorry for being so problematic but now when I try to download the ctrtransfer image nothing happens when I click the link. Please help.

Nerdtendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah, what happened to the guide? It... became primitive... and it can't find any pages. I tried it on my phone and it still pulls up weird. Is this happening to anyone else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all