Im about to change Sd card

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by W0lfy, Jan 10, 2017.

1. W0lfy
    OP

W0lfy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Im about to change sd card because one of them ran off storage and i cant download more Cias so if i want to change sd card should i do something before ? Or just copy and paste everything that is in the root of the sd card (including folders(everything)

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    You can just copy everything. In the future please use the search function, as this is a very common question.

MaK11-12 likes this.
  3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well, not if he has an Emunand. Then that partition needs to be brought to the new card.
    If you have Emunand, you can not just copy everything. If you have A9LH on Sysnand, then you can.

4. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Somewhere close to my 3DS
    It's fairly common not to have Emunand nowadays anyways so assuming he has A9LH on Sysnand is fine

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just copy everything if you followed the guide on 3ds.guide to hack your 3ds

5. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    So OP, do you have A9LH installled?

6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I just went through OP's postings and I love how he went from just starting to begin to hack his 3DS over My 3DS doesn't turn on anymore to my SD is already full in like 24 hours. But yeah, from his postings it seems he has A9LH. So just get a bigger card and copy everything over. To be safe use some kind of sync tool, that really checks if everything is 1:1, like SyncBack.

7. Icirrus

Icirrus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Somewhere close to my 3DS
    SyncBack is a brilliant piece of software. Sucks when you backup 128gb to move to a 256gb card. Takes way too long xD

8. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    @W0lfy please don't start a new thread every single time you have a question, when it's all related to the same thing. Also, most of your questions are already answered in the stickied threads. I've locked all your other threads.

N64, Icirrus and x65943 like this.