Status
Not open for further replies.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My name is Shawn Walker and I'm very interested in hacks. You guys seem very knowledgeable and I need help. I need to put some cheat plug ins I have for two 3ds games (Fire Emblem Fates and Kirby Clash Deluxe if details matter). I've loaded them, but can't figure out how to transfer/use them. Every download I go to says I need another download. I love video games and would love to learn to hack, but I could really use some help! Could somebody hack my 3ds for me and make it to where I can use any cheat plug in? I'd be willing to pay of course. email me if you want to help: -snip-
Well, this appeared in my notifs...I'll just sigh a little and just forget about how this year-old post got bumped. I don't mean anything harsh against you, but hearing somebody asking for help to install things like A9LH on a 3DS in exchange for money really should stop being a trend, however small it may be.

I mean, it isn't that hard if you take your time to look up the process of doing so; but you'd probably want to check out this guide if you're starting from scratch: 3ds.guide. It's pretty much the most reliable guide for this, and it's gotten easier overtime. Also, that discord server mentioned above can be a good place to find some help if you need it.

And uh, one last thing. It's not the smartest thing to put out your email address on a public forum, so I'd edit that post to remove it

Reactions: Dionicio3

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the subject of this necrobump, why is it such taboo for people to ask? Some people aren't tech savvy in any capacity and couldn't tell a a USB from a disc drive. It's like car repairs in my opinion, there are TONS of books detailing how to fix your car on simple matters like installing a new water pump, replacing timing belts, a radiator etc. Basic things that with your argument ANYONE can do because there is a guide. People still have to understand what they are reading and how it works, if they don't grasp it, what do they do? They take it to the shop and pay someone to do it for them when they could have done it themselves and saved money, but I guess they're idiots........

Just because a guide exists doesn't mean it's proactive for everyone who doesn't understand it. You can't say "Don't understand it, don't use it" because that's really their choice. By that logic anyone who isn't a mechanic shouldn't buy vehicles because they can't fix them. It's not like these noobs are summoning ONE person when they have an issue, and that's one of the reasons forums like this exist; to help. Not to just blindly say, "well if you don't know what you're doing, leave!". How about we teach if they're willing to learn, or send them where they can pay to have it done. Everyone wins.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly if someone is willing to pay for someone to hack your system, chances are they don't know how to maintain the upkeep for it. Thus even if they get the end resulted for with a hacked system, they aren't going to maintain, update, etc. And with the 11.3+ adding NATIVE_FIRM requirements and other issues, upkeep has become the most important part of the CFW.
Basically, don't pay people to hack your system. Instead take time to learn how to do it yourself and learn how to maintain it. Otherwise you aren't going to like what happens if you do fuck up.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
On the subject of this necrobump, why is it such taboo for people to ask? Some people aren't tech savvy in any capacity and couldn't tell a a USB from a disc drive. It's like car repairs in my opinion, there are TONS of books detailing how to fix your car on simple matters like installing a new water pump, replacing timing belts, a radiator etc. Basic things that with your argument ANYONE can do because there is a guide. People still have to understand what they are reading and how it works, if they don't grasp it, what do they do? They take it to the shop and pay someone to do it for them when they could have done it themselves and saved money, but I guess they're idiots........

Just because a guide exists doesn't mean it's proactive for everyone who doesn't understand it. You can't say "Don't understand it, don't use it" because that's really their choice. By that logic anyone who isn't a mechanic shouldn't buy vehicles because they can't fix them. It's not like these noobs are summoning ONE person when they have an issue, and that's one of the reasons forums like this exist; to help. Not to just blindly say, "well if you don't know what you're doing, leave!". How about we teach if they're willing to learn, or send them where they can pay to have it done. Everyone wins.
There is so many things wrong with this. This is NOT a repair, the guide is carefully written, people are not dumb enough to not see the difference between a disk drive and a USB, your TL;DR is the same length as the main post, and it has different information

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is so many things wrong with this. This is NOT a repair, the guide is carefully written, people are not dumb enough to not see the difference between a disk drive and a USB, your TL;DR is the same length as the main post, and it has different information
What? It doesn't matter how well it's written everyone's brain does not work nor comprehend information the same way. You're the exact type of person I was referring to. You basically said anyone who doesn't understand PC peripherals is an idiot. Were you born knowing how to hack a 3DS? Didn't think so. Hop off your pedestal dude.

Doesn't matter if it's not specifically a repair either, it correlates to the understanding of the process either way.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
What? It doesn't matter how well it's written everyone's brain does not work nor comprehend information the same way. You're the exact type of person I was referring to. You basically said anyone who doesn't understand PC peripherals is an idiot. Were you born knowing how to hack a 3DS? Didn't think so. Hop off your pedestal dude.
I never said people who don't understand PC peripherals were dumb

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"people are not dumb enough to not see the difference between a disk drive and a USB" Implying that not ONE person is the world doesn't know the difference already, which implies that everyone should know. When that's so far from the truth.... So yeah you basically said that anyone who doesn't know the difference is dumb. And I didn't mean that specifically it was an example to state that all people are not tech savvy.

Reactions: nechigawara

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
"people are not dumb enough to not see the difference between a disk drive and a USB" Implying that not ONE person is the world doesn't know the difference already, which implies that everyone should know. When that's so far from the truth.... So yeah you basically said that anyone who doesn't know the difference is dumb. And I didn't mean that specifically it was an example to state that all people are not tech savvy.
You know what, I'm not gonna argue, you can have your opinions and I can have mine

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if someone is willing to pay for someone to hack your system, chances are they don't know how to maintain the upkeep for it. Thus even if they get the end resulted for with a hacked system, they aren't going to maintain, update, etc. And with the 11.3+ adding NATIVE_FIRM requirements and other issues, upkeep has become the most important part of the CFW.
Basically, don't pay people to hack your system. Instead take time to learn how to do it yourself and learn how to maintain it. Otherwise you aren't going to like what happens if you do fuck up.
Agreed but that's a personal choice, I don't think people should refuse to help because said person may have trouble down the line. That's really their problem. Some people just don't understand the information regardless, but may want it. I compared it to cars because just like mechanics, there are tons of places you can ask for help with this stuff if you need to later.

D

Deleted User

If its just homebrew as in the homebrewlauncher,you can't brick on that.A9lh is anoughter thing however since you can brick if you don't follow the guide carefully.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Agreed but that's a personal choice, I don't think people should refuse to help because said person may have trouble down the line. That's really their problem.
I never discourage asking for help. In fact, I love it when people actually make threads before doing anything to ask about it. Showing they are going out of their way to actually learn how to do it themselves and trying to understand what they are doing.
But simply paying someone to hack it for oneself is the worst method if one isn't willing to learn. Like, look at the mess 11.3+ caused in the CFW. 11.4 completely trashed every CFW. Now picture being that person who didn't know this and don't know how to fix it. That would be the worst case for them and they may just end up giving up instead.
This is why I encourage asking and learning vs paying someone to do it all for you.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I never discourage asking for help. In fact, I love it when people actually make threads before doing anything to ask about it. Showing they are going out of their way to actually learn how to do it themselves and trying to understand what they are doing.
But simply paying someone to hack it for oneself is the worst method if one isn't willing to learn. Like, look at the mess 11.3+ caused in the CFW. 11.4 completely trashed every CFW. Now picture being that person who didn't know this and don't know how to fix it. That would be the worst case for them and they may just end up giving up instead.
This is why I encourage asking and learning vs paying someone to do it all for you.
Now THESE are some words to live by

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, I completely agree. I was just saying if they try to understand and can't but are willing to pay and learn later when they run into an issue, that should be their choice and no reason to refuse to point them in the right direction. Or even if the person they paid offers help later. I've done this for a few people and included a comprehensive homebrew guide with it, complete with all the apps installed, how they work, how to use them and how to keep them updated. I still help them to this day in regards to troubleshooting so I'm just assuming that most people would take care of their customers like I do. Not just simply install their hacks and leave them be.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Of course, I completely agree. I was just saying if they try to understand and can't but are willing to pay and learn later when they run into an issue, that should be their choice and no reason to refuse to point them in the right direction. Or even if the person they paid offers help later. I've done this for a few people and included a comprehensive homebrew guide with it, complete with all the apps installed, how they work, how to use them and how to keep them updated. I still help them to this day in regards to troubleshooting so I'm just assuming that most people would take care of their customers like I do. Not just simply install their hacks and leave them be.
I mean, if they want to pay for someone to teach them how to hack, they can do that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do ya think I tried to point them in the right direction for quick help when they need it during the process and in the future, a lot quicker then waiting on a thread reply
*sigh* well, if someone hasn't thrown ya a line over to the Nintendo Homebrew discord yet here ya go, https://discord.gg/C29hYvh
good place to go for help, discord is a free chat room service

shawnwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this appeared in my notifs...I'll just sigh a little and just forget about how this year-old post got bumped. I don't mean anything harsh against you, but hearing somebody asking for help to install things like A9LH on a 3DS in exchange for money really should stop being a trend, however small it may be.

I mean, it isn't that hard if you take your time to look up the process of doing so; but you'd probably want to check out this guide if you're starting from scratch: 3ds.guide. It's pretty much the most reliable guide for this, and it's gotten easier overtime. Also, that discord server mentioned above can be a good place to find some help if you need it.

And uh, one last thing. It's not the smartest thing to put out your email address on a public forum, so I'd edit that post to remove it
Wow, that was condescending! I came here because I not only want to get these hacks done, but would like to learn how to do it myself. I'm very much so the car vs mechanic scenario that was discussed in these comments. I really want to learn, I've watched the videos, but my 1. I'm having trouble figuring it out and 2. My computer I own randomly jumps to different places, freezes, and freaks out. I don't really want to pay anything, and as ludicrous as it sounds, I thought a little money might provoke help. It did, but along with it came some aggressively apathetic nerdier than thou syndrome. At least some nice people understood my dilemma and got that really what I'm asking for is help! Even though what you said could have been worded nicer, I do thank you for the guide and will look at it for reference. Remember: Educate, don't dictate.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that was condescending! I came here because I not only want to get these hacks done, but would like to learn how to do it myself. I'm very much so the car vs mechanic scenario that was discussed in these comments. I really want to learn, I've watched the videos, but my 1. I'm having trouble figuring it out and 2. My computer I own randomly jumps to different places, freezes, and freaks out. I don't really want to pay anything, and as ludicrous as it sounds, I thought a little money might provoke help. It did, but along with it came some aggressively apathetic nerdier than thou syndrome. At least some nice people understood my dilemma and got that really what I'm asking for is help! Even though what you said could have been worded nicer, I do thank you for the guide and will look at it for reference. Remember: Educate, don't dictate.
If your computer is acting like that, you need to run and anti-virus immediately (I recommend Malwarebytes)

shawnwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the suggestion Dionicio3! I will keep that in mind! See, now I'm getting help I didn't even ask for, but I very much so appreciate it! Thank you and God bless!

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add to this, there are countless helpful people on the 3ds homebrew discord that can help you through it. I've held people's hands through the process a number of times. Even spent hours on the phone helping people. Instead of wasting money, I'd suggest going on that server and finding someone willing to walk you through it. People with mental disabilities have successfully hacked their 3ds with help from ppl on that server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.