Hacking If you are gonna update EmuNAND to 6.3, Too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't any newer games that came out after 7.X be released with the 7.X SDK and be unplayable until they make a patch? How many games do people think are going or have been released with 6.3+ on them?

fierce waffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This means Gateway wont get 2.0 out the door completely. I have a feeling that if 7.x breaks GW then they will be able to provide a means of updating to just 6.3 emuNAND using local storage instead of OTA.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah all this uncertainty gives me anxiety lol. I'm so afraid it's going to screw up and update my SysNAND but on the other side, I don't want to miss out on anything. Bleh.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah all this uncertainty gives me anxiety lol. I'm so afraid it's going to screw up and update my SysNAND but on the other side, I don't want to miss out on anything. Bleh.

I posted some dummy proof steps on the last post of the sticky thread. I can assure you that, if you follow them to the letter, you won't accidentally update your sysNAND.

Reactions: mrtim30

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
We havent even got any SDK 6.x+ games out yet, the sdk is independant of the FW revision in the respect that games with a update partition of 6.x+ doesnt mean they where built with sdk6 etc, The EmuNAND only allows e shop, and playing of retail carts, if you are a rom player the same games still work regardless, Also the 6.3 EmuNAND is still running under 4.1-4.5 so it doesnt actually inherit added features etc in the newer firmware, anything Nintendo did do, if they bother, is always bypassable

Reactions: linuxGuru

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We havent even got any SDK 6.x+ games out yet, the sdk is independant of the FW revision in the respect that games with a update partition of 6.x+ are built with sdk6 etc, The EmuNAND only allows e shop, and playing of retail carts, if you are a rom player the same games still work regardless, Also the 6.3 EmuNAND is still running under 4.1-4.5 so it doesnt actually inherit added features etc in the newer firmware, anything Nintendo did do, if they bother, is always bypassable

This is what I assumed also because I think the ability certain roms had to be patched into the launcher... but also isn't EmuNAND basically a patched copy of the real 3DS firmware? Therefore if games did come out that weren't compatible with anything under 6.3, it should technically be able to play them without patches, right? Not that Gateway wouldn't be able to find a way to patch them.

I posted some dummy proof steps on the last post of the sticky thread. I can assure you that, if you follow them to the letter, you won't accidentally update your sysNAND.

Yeah I have seen a lot of these guides and you still hear about people who follow the steps exactly and it still messes up... and I'm not skilled enough or can spare the cash to fix it if it does screw up. :unsure:

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may put measures into 7.0 to remove EmuNAND and maybe even force update your SysNAND to 7.0 if you try to update the EmuNAND. Noone knows for sure but the assumption is that if you don't get 6.3 EmuNAND now, there is a chance you won't be able to after Monday. I am going to attempt to update mine soon. :unsure:

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
They may put measures into 7.0 to remove EmuNAND and maybe even force update your SysNAND to 7.0 if you try to update the EmuNAND. Noone knows for sure but the assumption is that if you don't get 6.3 EmuNAND now, there is a chance you won't be able to after Monday. I am going to attempt to update mine soon. :unsure:

lol remove it, they will most likely just update the Native_Firm file, just doing that will mean they need to release a update to repatch the new addresses, maybe add in more checks to integrity which will need to be patched also so it passes all check.
they cant force you to update, just turn off the WiFi Switch lol
but yes, if you dont get it know you will be stuck on 4.5.0 for updating, i guess you could use a game cart to patch up to 6.2.0 with a game like Zelda LBW, but i dont think anyone has tried updating the Red/EmuNAND with a cart

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol remove it, they will most likely just update the Native_Firm file, just doing that will mean they need to release a update to repatch the new addresses, maybe add in more checks to integrity which will need to be patched also so it passes all check.
they cant force you to update, just turn off the WiFi Switch lol
but yes, if you dont get it know you will be stuck on 4.5.0 for updating, i guess you could use a game cart to patch up to 6.2.0 with a game like Zelda LBW, but i dont think anyone has tried updating the Red/EmuNAND with a cart

Well yeah I didn't mean they would force an update just randomly... I meant if you try to update your EmuNAND when the new firmware comes out. I am just making assumptions like everyone else.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can use the r4i deluxe gray card to put the gateway 2.1 files on, update emunand, buy some eshop games, and go back to using the r4i card later when they update? (In theory)

Can I backup my nand using the above also? Then what am I missing by not having the gsteway card at this stage vs the r4i deluxe that I have?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Well yeah I didn't mean they would force an update just randomly... I meant if you try to update your EmuNAND when the new firmware comes out. I am just making assumptions like everyone else.

yea updating the Red/EmuNAND will work when 7.0.0 comes out and it will indeed update the NAND image on the SD card perfectly,
but then once it reboots after the update it wont work because the address will have changed and the Launcher.dat provided by gateway wont have the native_firm for 7.0.0 installed with the patches so it will just black screen until its updated to suit the new 7.0.0

So I can use the r4i deluxe gray card to put the gateway 2.1 files on, update emunand, buy some eshop games, and go back to using the r4i card later when they update? (In theory)

Can I backup my nand using the above also? Then what am I missing by not having the gsteway card at this stage vs the r4i deluxe that I have?

well you only need to change the Launcher.dat for the Gateway one, get the Red/EmuNAND setup and running on 6.3.0, get what you want off the E-shop for your NAND, then change the Launcher.dat back to the R4i Deluxe one and wait until they release there updated file to use the NAND image you made

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yo guys i need some help!
I just saw this post and i was out og GBAtemp scene some time now and these things drive me crazy!
I have a 3dsxl black 4.5 atm and a DStwo...can i do something?or anything i should do?

Thanks in advance

glass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think Nintendo has already blocked the emunand function, it will not work only for this reason:
[...]
but then once it reboots after the update it wont work because the address will have changed and the Launcher.dat provided by gateway wont have the native_firm for 7.0.0 installed with the patches so it will just black screen until its updated to suit the new 7.0.0
but we just need to wait GW team to make it compatible.

jqrn

Trophies
XP
Country
If you were plannin on updating your 3ds with emunand on gateway, but you are too lazy, you better do it now! A new update is supposely coming out on Monday! It may block the ability to use emunand, who knows? The update is supposed to come after the eshop maintenance (scheduled for Monday 9, from 12 pm to 11pm US East Coast)

Source: http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/12/rumor-nintendo-3ds-receiving-miiverse-update-monday/

I've been reading the link over and over again. I followed the links to twitter and so on. But I can't seem to see where it states (insinuate) that measures are been taken to prevent emunand.

Feel free to deep link me, because this this noob (jqrn) is too noob to find it.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i feel quite positive that emunand will not be blocked in the new firmware.
i believe it is possible for them to block it though, but then i also believe gateway (or someone else) will be able to get past that.
we have kernel access on 4.5, nearly everything is possible

-edit, and if it IS blocked, then it does not necessarily mean nintendo did it on purpose, maybe it is s simple simple fix for gateway, we will see :)

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Or maybe Nintendo doesn't care about the existence of emuNAND users and won't do anything about it.
This I don't get what real reason Nintendo has to block emunand. Gateway will work fine with spoofing as it is now but blocking emunand just looks like Nintendo is hurting them self. People are actually buying the games not getting them from free so why are you stopping them from giving you money? Also is it legal to allow people to buy games and then not let them play? (I know Gateway is illegal and law is not on your side) Lets say your real intention to use emunand was backup purpose (perfectly legal). I think I am gonna read the ToS for eshop as they shouldn't be allowed to take money and block people off unless they do refunds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...