Hacking If only Ashley would give us ONE last firmware.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamAsh07
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,849
  • Replies Replies 14

SamAsh07

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
2,696
Reaction score
68
Trophies
2
Age
36
Location
Bahrain
XP
661
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
That'd be really appreciated, wish I was a programmer
frown.gif
, what I really want here is, just a firmware update that would fix Pokemon Soul silver (Idc about HeartGold fix 'cause I'm buying that one), having SS and HG side-by-side with 3 of my..oh 2 will be used, so 2 (out of 3) of my DSs'.

Ashley could you please step into these shoes??? *shows shoes with a tag saying 'proud owner of DSTT v1.17a13'*

P.S. I don't even want to try out my luck on the official DSTT team, they fail worse than 'tards.
 
It would be nice but it's about as likely as Nintendo re-releasing the Pokemon games without AP as a special treat to flashcart owners.
 
Depravo said:
It would be nice but it's about as likely as Nintendo re-releasing the Pokemon games without AP as a special treat to flashcart owners.
I don't know why, I lol'd at the last part .-.
 
SamAsh07 said:
That'd be really appreciated, wish I was a programmer
frown.gif
, what I really want here is, just a firmware update that would fix Pokemon Soul silver (Idc about HeartGold fix 'cause I'm buying that one), having SS and HG side-by-side with 3 of my..oh 2 will be used, so 2 (out of 3) of my DSs'.

Ashley could you please step into these shoes??? *shows shoes with a tag saying 'proud owner of DSTT v1.17a13'*

P.S. I don't even want to try out my luck on the official DSTT team, they fail worse than 'tards.

It would be nice side project for GBATemp to continue it, if any FAQ, Tools and instructions could be pulled together.

However, with the old DS Phat and Lite now being surpassed by the newer DSi and DSi XL, you need to buy a newer card anyway.

Fingers crossed, Ashley will push out one last firmware and announce its the final one and go out on a high with the new Pokemon games.
 
smashbro said:
So Where would I have to update to make it work?

As in which files.

extinfo.dat

EDIT: in all the other DS game releases how did they figure out what hex changes to do?
 
Maybe Ashley could release what ever source and notes there are and someone else could pick up development.
 
CrimzonEyed said:
in all the other DS game releases how did they figure out what hex changes to do?
I have a theory about that. Ashley was NEVER the first to come up with a game fix. In fact he was usually the last. I have a feeling he waited for other firmwares to update or patches to get released. Then he would somehow reverse engineer these, find the parts that fixed the broken game then apply it to his own extinfo.

Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.
 
Depravo said:
Tool is the easy part - http://filetrip.net/f9925-DSTT-File-Editor-beta-1.html

Now we just need someone who can figure out what hex changes are needed to break various AP's and we're laughing.

To get the true gameID thats in extinfo.dat and extinfo.dat , make a copy of your rom, use eNDryptS http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm to encrypt the copyed rom

then get the true GameID using r4cee http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013928/soft.html

For the sonic classic game use the copy of the code from infolib.dat of world of zoo (E) GameID BZOP CD9B770F and paste it, and edit the gameID to sonic one , then save infolib.dat

Sonic classic collection (U) True GameID VSOE 2942C087

This will loadup the game without errorcode=-4 problem , but one more problem remains , two blank screens , im sure they must be anuther code in infolib or extinfo that fixed it with world of zoo (E)

this also works in a way for all games with errorcode=-4 problem

(Remember) you only get the true gamesID if you encrypt your rom first
 
Too complicated, I'd end up bashing my head on wall if I tried making a patch, let alone an AR code lol.
 
SamAsh07 said:
Too complicated, I'd end up bashing my head on wall if I tried making a patch, let alone an AR code lol.

Gave it time, rome was not built in a day lol!, A few this i found out by mastake in by abouth message ^^

To add a new game to infolib.dat and extinfo.dat , you need to encryipt your rom befor you can get its true GameID...

The true gameid dose count as i found out...
 
Buy an AK2i. That's what I did.

If/when TTDS gets updated, it'll be my backup card.
 
with all the people here who spend their time criticizing

i dont think, he feels like doing something for us!
(he comes here regularly to read... )
 

Site & Scene News