If new gateway update will not support emunand, how do we get updates from eshop?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ozgur1324, Dec 12, 2014.

1. ozgur1324
    OP

ozgur1324 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Tekirdag
    I mean how to play online, you can't play online unless your game is not up to date.

2. Piepokemon

Piepokemon GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    Did gateway support downloading game updates? If so, and this is my limited knowledge, if eshop is blocked now, would it be possible to install an update in any other way? Also, I feel that emunand will eventually come out for 9.3+, just it will take some time. But, I don't know.

3. ozgur1324
    OP

ozgur1324 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Tekirdag
    Probably they'll wait massive selling recod for new 3ds. Then they'll relase it

4. Piepokemon

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    No, I don't think so. Gateway's pretty honest, not in it for the money, that much at least. At the moment they're either waiting out on nintendo to patch things, or the more likely option, they're still stabilising the update. There's no reason they'd wait for N3ds sales when the update also works on OG 3ds's, XL's, and 2ds's.

5. titegtnodI

titegtnodI Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Canada

So I guess they bricked people's 3DSs for no reason, right?

6. garbanzox

garbanzox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Just upgrade your firmware and buy them

7. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    No one said that Emunand is not supported in 9.x update.

Somehow they're planning to support 8.x version...

8. KingBlank

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    You may be able to install game updates by installing the updates with cia files in the dev menu, but I expect you will need the latest firmware version to play online anyway.

9. Piepokemon

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    Sorry, haven't kept up with all of gateway's history, did they ever release an intentional brick? Or, was it something that was overlooked/done incorrectly?

That's what I was wondering! But, I'm guessing updates might encrypt to the 3ds's data. And .cia files probably work much differently than updates. And, I can still go online on SSB4 on 9.2, at least last time I checked.

10. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    You can install game updates via .cia and if U look around U can already find them.

So far Nintendo's ploicy has not to require formware update specifically for online play. As long as you have the game and required update you can play online.....we will see if this changes but I doubt it will as it may not be easy for Nintendo to implement in this generation.

11. titegtnodI

titegtnodI Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Canada

They intentionally bricked people with Gateway clones, or with modified files. Some people had modified Gateway files, with legitimate Gateway cards and their 3DSs got bricked too. This caused them to gain the nickname "Brickway".