Hacking If I re-virbinize my Wii could I...

atreyu187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still go back and install HBC and certain IOS'? I ask as the guide I am using is vauge and I am uncertain if I could go back and start over. Here is what it says but I was sure you could re-soft mod it again.

It is NOT RECOMMENDED to use this guide unless you want to get rid of all your hacks FOREVER. If you want to re-hack it, just follow a Hacking guide WITHOUT revirginizing first!

All I want to do is start over as I had no idea what I was doing reading this and that guide but I have a grasp on what I need now and don't need so starting fresh is what I need but if I am screwed and can't reapply the mods I am not going to do it. I am on 4.1U and want to stay there to keep my import ability. Also if I leave the wads I have installed and reapply the hacks they will work just fine right? Oh yea I also have a nand backup as well but it was right after I did ciosx and heremes and god knows what else. It works but has complications with my Wode chip.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
virginizing the wii would be stupid if youre going to rehack it. Its meant for never having homebrew again
Of course it says that in underlined txt so if you cant read that then id suggest u not doing anything to your wii

atreyu187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure what IOS is causing the problems with the Wode so I thought a clean install would be what I needed. Can I leave the cIOSX rev 19 and Hermes v5 installed and just replace all the official IOS files except for IOS36 for the Trucha Bug as I know that one is patched. I have all the clean files from NUS Auto-downloader

IOS wad files I have are these.

4.1U_systemmenu

IOS 9
IOS 12-15,17
IOS 21-22,88
IOS 31,33-35,37-38
IOS 53,55-57
IOS 60-61
MIOS

All checked out clean and valid. Could I simply install all of these with DOP-Mii and keep cIOSX 249-250 & Hermes 202, 222-224 installed for homebrew and that will keep me homebrew ready right? Or is there some of those files above I shouldn't install? I have BootMii as boot2 and a good nand dump of where I am right now. So if I fark it up I could always just boot into boot2 as I have an older Wii and recover to the old setup.

Or what would you suggest I do to revert back to as close to stock without the loss of homebrew. I had DarkCorp installed before I had the Wode and the Wii has never ran USB loader GX right ever since the install so I used the uinstall and still didn't work so I just have a feeling that there is something wrong with the normal IOS files.

Sorry guys bear with me I am kinda new to the Wii and I do read but so many guide contradict each other it is kinda hard for a starter to find the most reliable source for info. I do believe this is the forum for that so thank you for your help and I will make myself some use to the community once my head is firmly wrapped around all of this knowledge. I got BootMii as boot2 and Priiloader to have some brick protection with the proper nand and would have never done that properly without this site. So thanks and have fun picking at the n00b but please point me in the right direction after the roasting
laugh.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I had DarkCorp installed
Have you removed it? If not, download its uninstall package and run that. That'll toss corp and update all your IOSes to the latest official ones.

QUOTECan I leave the cIOSX rev 19 and Hermes v5 installed and just replace all the official IOS files except for IOS36 for the Trucha Bug as I know that one is patched.
Sure, although that DARKCORP uninstall pack might install an official IOS36.

atreyu187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I uninstalled it but there was an error but it finished all the way. I tried running it again but no dice but i at least regained the ability to use Wiiflow & Wodeflow but still CFG loader and USB Loader GX refuse to work. So I think this is the culprit. It worked great when I played disc games but it caused major problems with my loaders.

So does this sound about right then I will use DOP-Mii to install the files above leaving in cIOSX & Hermes v5. After that I plan on making sure I have a patched IOS36 and going back to MIOS instead of cMIOS as it stops games with streaming audio from playing correctly with the Wode it seems. And after that I should have a clean set of IOS files without losing my ability for homebrew etc? Thanks for all your help after I get this sorted I am making a nand backup and saving it in multiple places.

atreyu187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There you go, like I said if I just install clean ones below 200 and a patched IOS36 I should be fine right?

atreyu187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is what I installed all shy except for the IOS60 I left that uncopied and installed. Are these the most recent ones? I got them with NUSD. Thanks a ton for your help.

atreyu187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is my DOP-Mii report now and all should be in order. Thanks a ton for all your help I get so confused with the versions of the IOS files. And basically so long as you don't remove HBC you can clean up what ever you need but if it is removed it it toast from there. I am going from cIOSX rev19 and back to cIOS rev17 have better luck with my SDHC card for some reason. Again thanks for all your help it actually helped me gain a little insight of the whole IOS workings.

atreyu187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep ALL problems are now sorted and I am working 100% with my Wode, Gamecube games and all. Best part is I still retained homebrew ability and I have the best of both worlds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)