Hardware If I buy a new PS Vita in 2017 what FW would I get?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So Red / Silver Jpn and any PCH2006 is a no go? I see so many people posting about the new vita they ordered and wondering if it does or does not come with 3.60 or not, then they get it buy don't even come back and be like hey here is my result. I have asked so many ebay sellers about the FW and so far none used have lower then 3.60 so I plan to buy a new one and see both black and blue slims, jpn and usa in 2000 and 2006. Fingers crossed.
Any guaranteed brand new OLED Vita will have 3.60 or lower on it. This is because Sony stopped production on OLED Vita's for the US before 3.61+ released. If you get a 3.61+ OLED Vita, it's because the seller opened it and updated the firmware/it's not brand new.

For Slim Vita's, the same is generally true for any US version. So long as it's brand new, you're fine. JP units, on the other hand, are still being manufactured. While most older JP colors should have 3.60 or lower, it is possible you might end up with one with a higher firmware. IMO, it's probably best to stick with US Vita's first and foremost, unless they end up being way too expensive vs a JP alternative.

Not 100% sure on EU Vita's, but AFAIK it should be a similar case as the US ones.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could one assume the black Jpn would be one of the less manufactured ones. As Jpn seems to produce more silver ones including the dragon quest one. Do you know what the pch 2000 2006 means, I assume the 2000 is lower manufacturer date.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Could one assume the black Jpn would be one of the less manufactured ones. As Jpn seems to produce more silver ones including the dragon quest one. Do you know what the pch 2000 2006 means, I assume the 2000 is lower manufacturer date.
The end number is just the region code, it has no bearing on when it was manufactured or not.

Reactions: OfficialFBomb

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
From what I recall, the Minecraft Special Edition bundle released in Dec 2016, which was only ~2-3 weeks after the 3.63 firmware released, so in all likelyhood your Vita is going to be on 3.60 or lower firmware.

However, I'm not sure where you heard that Amazon won't take back opened goods, but they totally do. As long as you return it 30 days after purchase, open or not, then you can get a full refund for the thing. So just open it already and check yourself.

arcadegamer93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
From what I recall, the Minecraft Special Edition bundle released in Dec 2016, which was only ~2-3 weeks after the 3.63 firmware released, so in all likelyhood your Vita is going to be on 3.60 or lower firmware.

However, I'm not sure where you heard that Amazon won't take back opened goods, but they totally do. As long as you return it 30 days after purchase, open or not, then you can get a full refund for the thing. So just open it already and check yourself.
I will.. Hope it Will be on 3.60.. I will post the result

arcadegamer93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

It s on 3.63 i ve sent it back today to Amazon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Playstation vita limited edition minecraft is on 3.63 confirmed

D

Deleted User

It s on 3.63 i ve sent it back today to Amazon

Playstation vita limited edition minecraft is on 3.63 confirmed

Since TheFl0w confirmed that he will release his new exploit for psv this September you could have waited for 2.5 months.

arcadegamer93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Since TheFl0w confirmed that he will release his new exploit for psv this September you could have waited for 2.5 months.
All summer without making themes and playing all games.. I couldn t.. When the New henkaku comes i can buy it again.. One thing is sure guys i swear it s the Best playstation vita edition i ve ever seen.. So cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1