Hardware If I buy a new PS Vita in 2017 what FW would I get?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned, any brand new, unopened Vita sans the two new JP Silver/Red models released in December 2016 are guaranteed to be on 3.60 or lower. So far, no one has reported any unopened Vita's with 3.61 that wasn't these two colors.

Ivchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they were released prior to December 2016, it's guaranteed on 3.60 or lower. Just make sure they're brand new, unopened.

Anything prior to December 2016, even though 3.61 was released in August 2016? I want to buy the Persona4 Bundle, but I'm scared it's not 3.60. The seller told me it was manufactured in 2016, so your comment gave me some hope.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Anything prior to December 2016, even though 3.61 was released in August 2016? I want to buy the Persona4 Bundle, but I'm scared it's not 3.60. The seller told me it was manufactured in 2016, so your comment gave me some hope.
3.61 Vita's weren't manufactured until the brand new JP red/silver Slim Vita's, which were produced and released December 2016. I don't know of any phat Vita's with 3.60 or higher on it that's brand new, unopened.

In regards to your question about the Persona 4 bundle, is it the actual "limited edition" Persona 4 Bundle with the Persona 4 Vita? Cuz that was only manufactured in like 2012-2013.

Ivchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.61 Vita's weren't manufactured until the brand new JP red/silver Slim Vita's, which were produced and released December 2016. I don't know of any phat Vita's with 3.60 or higher on it that's brand new, unopened.

In regards to your question about the Persona 4 bundle, is it the actual "limited edition" Persona 4 Bundle with the Persona 4 Vita? Cuz that was only manufactured in like 2012-2013.

I think so. I don't know if I can post links in here, but this would be the one I ---- wait. I tried to edit my comment but I think the link isn't allowed.
It is the P4 Dancing all night box with the Vita included that is being sold in amazon. Ah I feel a bit more confident about getting it now.

I was checking and I seems it was released in 2015 : "
  • name
    PlayStation®Vita Persona 4 Dancing All Night Premium Crazy Box
  • Model number
    PCHJ-10027
  • Release date
    25th June 2015
  • Suggested retail price

28,980 yen ( excluding tax) 31,298 yen (tax included)"

So maybe it isn't so far off.

Last edited by Ivchan,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I think so. I don't know if I can post links in here, but this would be the one I ---- wait. I tried to edit my comment but I think the link isn't allowed.
It is the P4 Dancing all night box with the Vita included that is being sold in amazon. Ah I feel a bit more confident about getting it now.

I was checking and I seems it was released in 2015 : "
  • name
    PlayStation®Vita Persona 4 Dancing All Night Premium Crazy Box
  • Model number
    PCHJ-10027
  • Release date
    25th June 2015
  • Suggested retail price

28,980 yen ( excluding tax) 31,298 yen (tax included)"

So maybe it isn't so far off.
Ahhh, I thought you meant the Persona 4 Golden edition, not Dancing.

That's likely under 3.60.

rm07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they were released prior to December 2016, it's guaranteed on 3.60 or lower. Just make sure they're brand new, unopened.
I'm kinda new to the vita community but i just ordered an aqua blue slim model from play-asia, do you have any idea what firmware it should come on? one review for a "similar model" said that it would come on 3.63 but i dont know how accurate that is to the one i ordered specifically

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
in asia, latest stock have 3.65 firmware installed on it regardless of color or bundle.
is usa, maybe some 3.60 but I doubt it if this is the case.

of course with exception of old stocks etc..... but I suspect that those are already long gone now.

WarDarkFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So consensus is to avoid new silver and red PCH-2000 and any PCH-2006 models? Stick to either new black sealed PCH-2000 or used confirmed 3.60

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A Brand new vita from a retailer like Amazon or Target, i assume would likely be on fw 3.61+

If your looking for a fw 3.60 and below vita then i suggest you use EBAY but do remember to ask the Seller what OFW the Vita is on before you buy it. Get them to take a pic of the Vita displaying the FW just to make sure.

Good luck. A vita is a great machine which died a shitty death as a result of Sony's stupidity and because Sony was a shitty parent to its child the vita RIP
did i miss anything? aren't 3.55 or below are only hackable FW?? cauz i'm still have a 3.56 vita some where in my house...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
did i miss anything? aren't 3.55 or below are only hackable FW?? cauz i'm still have a 3.56 vita some where in my house...
You're confusing the PS3 and the Vita. PS3 needs to have a minimum downgradeable firmware of 3.56 or lower to be hacked. The Vita needs to be on 3.60, and 3.60 only, to be hacked.

Henkaku released for 3.60 ~1.5 years ago, it allows for native Vita homebrew and backups to be played.

jron5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just bought the glacier white model on Amazon (Just google the "glacier white vita slim" and it should be the first one. Also I'm in the US).

Someone informed earlier today on Reddit that apparently the "new" models of the slim come with 3.61 pre-installed. However, looking up on all this, including this thread, I'm getting conflicting answers. Here I'm seeing that it only applies to the red and silver models, others say that all versions are coming with 3.61 installed.

Can someone tell me which is it?

WarDarkFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So finally got the vita in, brand new from Japan PCH-2000 ZA11 and it had fw: 6.65 on it. So either they are shipping these with 6.65 or was lied about the package being sealed.

JACK3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How about this one?

PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Model Glacier White(PCH-2000ZA22) from Amazon Japan

It's pretty cheap but I don't know... I have a feeling that it comes with firmware >3.60...

Last edited by JACK3DS,

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Red / Silver Jpn and any PCH2006 is a no go? I see so many people posting about the new vita they ordered and wondering if it does or does not come with 3.60 or not, then they get it buy don't even come back and be like hey here is my result. I have asked so many ebay sellers about the FW and so far none used have lower then 3.60 so I plan to buy a new one and see both black and blue slims, jpn and usa in 2000 and 2006. Fingers crossed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night