1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A while back I was trying to make torrents download faster so I ran this program that I think changed my FTP/HTTP server, if that makes sense. Well I havent been able to use internet explorer, Google chrome, upload pictures on photo bucket, or games that connect to internet. My computer is windows xp and I ran windows diagnostic check from internet explorer and here is what it said:

Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP. This is probably caused by firewall settings on this computer.

Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443) and FTP port (21).

You might need to contact your Internet service provider (ISP) or the manufacture of your firewall software.

I don't think its the firewall because I disabled that and I still got that error message.

Well if anyone can help that would be great because I can really only run Firefox and Thunderbird at the moment. Those are the only two programs that can properly connect to internet.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's probably a proxy setting if firefox and a few other programs work. From internet explorer, tools -> internet options -> connections -> LAN settings. Make sure 'use a proxy server for your lan' is unticked and also 'use automatic configuration' is unticked.

If that does help, google chrome might have a similar option, not entirely sure as I don't use it.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what was the program you used anyhow we may have a better idea how to fix this issue
smile.gif

you can always try a system restore to before you used this program
smile.gif

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
It's probably a proxy setting if firefox and a few other programs work. From internet explorer, tools -> internet options -> connections -> LAN settings. Make sure 'use a proxy server for your lan' is unticked and also 'use automatic configuration' is unticked.

If that does help, google chrome might have a similar option, not entirely sure as I don't use it.

Holy cow, it worked! Thats alot I didn't know it was that simple!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@