Gaming iextreme firmware

bestperson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning on getting a 360 soon and I am also planning on flashing the firmware to the iextreme firmware. I have read over Textbook's PDF on how to do the flashing.

I have read a lot on the internet about the hardware failure that is experienced with the 360 and the RROD's. I also read that Microsoft is willing to fix the RROD for free. Is it possible to flash the firmware back to the original 360 firmware in case I ever get an RROD.

I also saw on ebay that people sell warranty stickers that you can put on your 360. Have people used these stickers sucessfully through Microsoft and had their RROD 360 repaired.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're planning to buy one soon , the newest ones come with lite-on drives that you can't flash. So if you want to flash you'll have to find some older stock.

bestperson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the advice. Any ideas on where to get an older system that will still work? I see gamestop sells refubished models. Do you think that is a safe place to buy from?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could buy one on ebay (a brand new system) and ask the seller to check the manufacture date on the box for you

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
If you're planning to buy one soon , the newest ones come with lite-on drives that you can't flash. So if you want to flash you'll have to find some older stock.

do you know if anyone is working on a solution for flashing lite-on drives? Or is it physically impossible to do this?

I am looking into getting the 60gb model... and eventually I will want to run backup games on it....

any help would be appreciated!

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unchi-san said:
Armadillo said:

do you know if anyone is working on a solution for flashing lite-on drives? Or is it physically impossible to do this?

I am looking into getting the 60gb model... and eventually I will want to run backup games on it....

any help would be appreciated!

Yeah a solution for the unflashable lite-on's is getting made.

QUOTE(coolkid602007 @ Aug 11 2008, 07:17 PM)
I was wanting to just buy a flashed drive off ebay and get a sticker if I ever needed it but I have a big sticker on mine. If I sent it back in do you think microsoft could tell the difference?

No, they wouldn't find out. Buying Warrenty Stickers off eBay ftw
tongue.gif

h3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for getting in the middle , but in the same situation.

Want to buy a xbox360 to run backups,

but it´s like this RROD

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes that's what i did and have a falcon with benq drive.

but the old xbox360 rrod is easy to fix with xclamp fix.

And if you get one with a samsung drive its almost the same as the benq drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)