Hacking iEvolution can't recognize where it put my games... help?

Sushi7065

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I got the iEvolution in July for my wife, and it works great.

... Until I got a new computer.

Now it does a really funny thing; Every time we put the microSD card in, the computer opens the card like normal- except instead of the folders for the games, savestates, etc., it has the shortcuts for them in its place. When putting it back in the flashcart, a blank menu appears (I assume from being unable to find the path to the real folders).

I can circumvent it for now by finding the real folders (somehow stashed away in the computer), formatting the microSD, and then copying the real folders back to the card. But as soon as I plug in the microSD in again, the shortcut glitch happens.

Does anyone know why my computer is doing this (my roommate's computer works just fine in copying games to the microSD, so the issue seems to be with my computer communicating with my USB dongle/microSD)? Has anyone else had this problem? And how can I fix it?

Many thanks for any that can help.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you using the original USB reader? If you are, that's the most probable reason for the malfunction. Try a new reader if that help, otherwise test a new MicroSD.

-Qtis

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you copy the real folders back, are you using the approximated amount of disc capacity you should be? When you plug it into your computer again, are you still using that same disc capacity or does it shrink?

What Operating System are you using on your new computer?

Sushi7065

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the original USB reader? If you are, that's the most probable reason for the malfunction. Try a new reader if that help, otherwise test a new MicroSD.

-Qtis

I am; I just switched to another USB reader (bought fresh). Most recent drivers installed; still the same problem.

When you copy the real folders back, are you using the approximated amount of disc capacity you should be? When you plug it into your computer again, are you still using that same disc capacity or does it shrink?

What Operating System are you using on your new computer?

The funny thing is the microSD still reads as if the files are there and space is being utilized- everything's there and nothing's really changed space-wise, just location-wise.

I'm using Windows 7.

So somehow all the folders, including the autorun, are all being modified the moment I put in the USB reader. I've tried two different microSD cards and two different USB readers, so the sticking point is my computer. But I'm still not sure where to start...

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure hidden files are viewed. Something in the files may trigger windows to mark them as hidden and create the shortcuts: (also make sure your windows 7 is up to date for it may be a possible bug)

Open up any folder
Click Organize in the top left
View folder and search options
Click the view tab
Click the radio button that says Show hidden files, folders, and drives

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and normal grapes