Hacking iEDGE released !

ariolander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
The EDGE card is great, but they need to release updates more than twice a year. Don't think I'll be getting an iEDGE for that factor alone.

So are you suggesting that card makes should release updates just for the sake of releasing updates?

LonerGoth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try using them all, you'd be surprised.

I just so happen to have only used the r4, or a clone of it, and never really needed to update it, but I updated it whenever there was a new firmware release back in 2008.

The edge prolly is the same... you can update it, but it will work fine without the updates, until a dsi update kills it.

My r4 and ds got stolen, one guy mentioned that I might as well go for another r4 to replace it...

So flashcart choice seems to be a matter of preference...

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
D34DL1N3R said:
The EDGE card is great, but they need to release updates more than twice a year. Don't think I'll be getting an iEDGE for that factor alone.

Dont know i count 5 Firmwareupdates for Edge in 2009.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSAndi said:
D34DL1N3R said:

Dont know i count 5 Firmwareupdates for Edge in 2009.
BTW, there were 6 updates in 2009, and 12 in 2008. It's more than likely that the lack of updates in '09 was because of the iEDGE.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they completely fail to patch some of the biggest DS games of the year with 1.6, then yes.... they need to update more. Especially when other cards already had them patched by that time.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Xpertron UK, now in stock and dispatching, will update when I receive mines
smile.gif

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I checked, probably site update and loading of all new files, hopefully that means fingers crossed
smile.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
EDGE is a fine card, simple and easy.
My wife uses an edge cause of the easy to understand and easy to use gui

Ah, well when the iedge gui is like the old edge gui plain simple to use options, then it's time to upgrade the edge of her to iedge and she can have a DSi for her birthday next month.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's hoping we are correct, but hopefully my cart will arrive in approx 3-5 days
biggrin.gif
, and someone posts when they have received theirs
smile.gif

N31L777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like it's been delayed again...

Statement on Xpertron reads:-

"Update 6th Jan 2010: After an unexpected delay of 2 months, we were informed by the EDGE team that they would release the iEDGE this week. A lot of extra hard work has been put in during the last two months to make sure that the iEDGE would have one of most robust build with the best compatibility. It has been rumoured that iEDGE would be the second flashcart to be compatible with DSi firmware 1.5. Provided that the EDGE did not further delay the release of iEDGE, we would ship all the pre-orders once our bulk order of iEDGE hit our warehouse. We still have over 500 units of iEDGE left for pre-order and we expect that they will sell like hot cakes when it is officially released by the EDGE team. Let us hope that the EDGE team can release the iEDGE without further delay. Fingers crossed."

Edge website is back up but it's exactly the same as before it went down - no additional iEdge specific downloads.

Sounds very much like Xpertron don't know any solid details whatsoever....

puppiesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif
How come consolesource.com still say that the iEdge is still preorder? I want my iedge now!

I should have bought mine at expertron.co if consolesource decided to release the iedge to being instock.

Just too excited of getting it! ahhhhhhhhhhh
wacko.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems that it's an EXE file that uses this ROM to make a file called "bupdate.bin" on the microSD card.

...And it seems you use another game, and you can't hack in another game's banner.bin into the Sudoku ROM to change the iEDGE icon.

Sorry folks, no custom icon yet...
But this means that the iEDGE is using a Sudoku icon.
This is the exact banner text:
QUOTE said:
SUDOKU
HUDSON

lunacy123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SCREW iedge been waiting months for this piece of xxxx and still not released yet. Don't get your hope too high, might still be in the developing stage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.