Hacking IEdge firmware problem

nel3336

Trophies
XP
Country
hi there

i have been reading this post on and off for the last few days and i have a couple of questions...firstly i better just say i'm totally new to this and a bit thick so please bare with me.

am i understanding this right?....i have a ds lite so do i actually NEED the update thingy
and do i just download the edge o/s?

i told ya i was thick!!

thanks guys

Nelly

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
nel3336 said:
hi there

i have been reading this post on and off for the last few days and i have a couple of questions...firstly i better just say i'm totally new to this and a bit thick so please bare with me.

am i understanding this right?....i have a ds lite so do i actually NEED the update thingy
and do i just download the edge o/s?

i told ya i was thick!!

thanks guys

Nelly
If you got ds lite no you don't have to use the boot strap. Just download the iEdge osv1.11i. that should be ok.

nel3336

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for that Mr Taken but.......

when i put it into my dsl it just has the iedge instructions as it did before which when you tap on it it turns both screens permanently white.
and it says no game pak inserted either

i d/led the iedge osv1.11i selected them all and extracted to the k drive which is where my reader and microsd card is and i ended up with 1 folder and 2 files there
the folder is named:- EDGE and click on it and the file is called cheats.dat click on that and the box comes up saying windows cannot open this file
the other 2 files on the sd micro card are IEDGE.DAT which if clicked on it also says windows cannot open this file and then there is a read me text doc

i bet i'm just missing the point somewhere...something so simply i should think...one complete and utter derrrrrr

but any suggestions will be gratefully received

thanks
nelly

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
For Ds lite

Please follow the same instructions as for dsi.

New software updater is available and easier to use.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Cartmanuk said:
For Ds lite

Please follow the same instructions as for dsi.

New software updater is available and easier to use.
For DSLite you dont need to upgrade your iEDGE
juste put the 2.0 OS on the microSD and it will work great!

For people who want to upgrade their iEDGE in 1.4.1
please use this pack, it will be easier

http://gbatemp.net/t267303-bootrap-v3-for-...-2-0-total-pack

The only one new thing with 1.4.1 firmware for iEDGE
is the new mode with info in the screen of your DS/DSi

if your iEDGE is brand new = no screen info and red light on the back
if your iEDGE is already activ, with Sudoku icon, you cant upgrade it in a DSi/DSi XL already in 1.4.1
you need to use a DSi/DSi XL in 1.4 maximum !!! (or a DS/DSLite)

This the new thing and this is a BAD thing
closedeyes.gif

P00PDOG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agmarco said:
I just got in the iEdge card and tried to flash the firmware on it the way it's described.
Took the right NDS file and the bootstrap for Windows to create the update file.
Put the file bupdate.bin on the MicrosSDHC card and them in the DSL. After powering on I clicked on the icon "iEdge instructions".
I think something went wrong from that moment.
I still tried to put on the 1.7 OS and some NDS files.
Started up the DSL but I could only see the name of the NDS I used to create the update file.
No iEdge applications!

Cleaned the MicroSDHC card and put it in the iEdge and in the DSL.
No way I can run the update again! I' am (stupid and) stuck.

Can anyone help me out please.

Regards,
Marco

Wait Wait, I'm having the exact issue, but even if I re-format I'm still getting the Sudoku icon. I am assuming that if I dont see the new icon, that its not updating. I have tried this literally 20 different ways. I even have an old DS, but its the exact same problem that you had. If I format the card and put the iEdge OS 2.0 on it works but the firmware does not fully flash. Both my dsi and my dsi XL are at firmware 1.4U. It goes to 92%, pauses, the light flashes quickly then says the flash completeted successfully and it always takes 55 seconds. Did your Icon change to the new one or is it still the sudoku one. I'm thinking that my card is defective, I don't know. Is it possible that my bootstrap is at 3.0 but the icon didn't change? I emailed the iedge support peeps but still waiting for a response.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Try a fresh download and install of bootstrap I also had some issues.

I formatted my micro sd
ReDownloaded V3 and obtained 0583 (google)
Placed all items on desktop
Opened file EdgeBootUpdate 3(You must use the T-flash reader issued or similar.)
selected 0583 & the drive (usb port with your mircosd in)
Click update.

Use dslite or dsi with 1.4 or less (I used Dslite)

Turn DS off insert cartridge
Turn DS on
Do nothing
Watch it update automatically
Red led (inside iEdge will blink when it stops the update has finshed).

Now format the microSd and install the latest EDGE OS
laugh.gif

P00PDOG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cartmanuk said:
Try a fresh download and install of bootstrap I also had some issues.

I formatted my micro sd
ReDownloaded V3 and obtained 0583 (google)
Placed all items on desktop
Opened file EdgeBootUpdate 3(You must use the T-flash reader issued or similar.)
selected 0583 & the drive (usb port with your mircosd in)
Click update.

Use dslite or dsi with 1.4 or less (I used Dslite)

Turn DS off insert cartridge
Turn DS on
Do nothing
Watch it update automatically
Red led (inside iEdge with blink when it stops the update has finshed.

Now format the microSd and install the latest EDGE OS
laugh.gif

EDIT: Also sorry for posting in the wrong thread, I thought I was posting in the "Iedge New Update - Installed, but it Just Repeatedly Updates!" thread

I have actually done this multiple times, each time did an MD5 check just to make sure. the only thing different is the card reader. I don't have the original card reader but I have tried in three different readers but still the same end result. all of the files are on the card, always says its updating goes to 92%, starts to flash quickly then says that the flash completed successfully, but when you format the drive and put any edge os on (or even none at all) it shows the sudoku icon still. I know that it isn't taking because each time it trys to flash it sees v2 of the boot strap and say its flashing with v3. I am now using two cards, one with the os and ect on it. this works fine since I have not gone up to nintendo firmware 1.4.1 yet and will not do so until this is resolved.
I have 3 units all are at 1.4.0 or less and have tried each many times. I have an XL at 1.4u A plain DSi that is on 1.4U and an old DS/DSlight, cant tell what firmware it is on though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm