Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I have done plenty of searching, but I can't find any detailed info on what it does. The best I could find was a mention of it in an article about the 003 brick
http://giantpune.zzl.org/003brick.html
Naturally the first thing somebody does when they get a console is to pop in a game and play it. I was sent a few dumps from various formerly-Korean Wiis. And the uid.sys tells a different story there. Directly after all the titles installed at the factory comes one 00000001-00000000. This is the TID used for "Super User" by some homebrew programs ( AnyTitleDeleter, AnyRegionChanger, ... ). This means that at one time, somebody opened up a brand-spankin-new console and didn't even think about playing a game.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Super user means root. That article or whatever is just talking about a Wii on which the first thing done was homebrew, rather than a game.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From my understanding, it is not really "super user" (Wii doesn't run a Unix OS after all, doesn't have "users" in this sense as I understand it), it was just called that to make it easier to explain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-