†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
I used to have a Tamagotchi but I dropped mine on the concrete and it stopped working, and two months later when I found my sister's I started it up and every time the egg hatched it would reset. :\ Ever since then I've wanted another Tamagotchi... Maybe an Angelgotchi or some derivative of Tamagotchi. And now I want either the new Tamagotchi Plus Color (because my Tamagotchi always wanted to eat when it was too dark to see the screen and I had to go turn on a light to see it) when they come out in the US (or i'll import it, whichever's cheaper) or maybe one of the newer Tamagotchi Connections.

BUT HEY, until we see a Tamagotchi simulator on the Nintendo DS, go get the Lameboy Emulator and play the Tamagotchi game on the GAME BOY!!!! Yes, it was on the Game Boy. It was kind of hard to understand what to do in the games and such, and it was kind of slow and boring, but at least it was an actual Tamagotchi simulator instead of Tamagotchi Corner Shop type stuff.
it was on the Game Boy Color o.O?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
tamagotchids.png

^ Exactly what I was thinking.

As for the Lameboy, no one likes a pirate, and like the name says, it woulf just be LAME

Also, if I could recruit a good enough coder, then DS-DS Wireless Communications could act like the infrared on the real Tamagotchis (at least the modern ones) and possibly Wi-Fi could log you on to an optimised Tamtown.com.

Sound cool?

BTW, if I knew what language DS programming was in, I MAY be able start a very basic prototype, but I only know BASIC, not C/C++ or PAlib. Also, DS Game Maker just doesn't work on my x64 Vista.

Also, since I am a GBAtemp n00b, could someone point me to where you change your sig? I can't find it anywhere, just my Personal Statement and other options.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
How about you just work on it? No point leaving it until March for no apparent reason.

I'd try but it would take a bit of random/AI work to get the Tamagotchi emotions, crap, etc.

B12Core

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
How about you just work on it? No point leaving it until March for no apparent reason.

I'd try but it would take a bit of random/AI work to get the Tamagotchi emotions, crap, etc.

I have so many projects going on at the same time right now, it's not even funny.

And they're all going to be concluded by March 2010.

Don't think I would set a date for no reason...

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
takatenshi said:
i'm so sorry to dig up such a relatively old thread but seriously...no one ever worked on this? it would be so promising.
frown.gif
I made a mockup once but since I have no experience with coding or making games for the DS, that's as close as I got.

Sadly, the mockup was deleted a long time ago.

takatenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ sadly, i have no experience either. i have been looking around everywhere and a few others have talked about it but i'm really surprised it never made completion. it would be so cool!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu