B12Core

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*snipped*

on-topic:

I've made one of these before using Digimon sprites (based it off of the old Digi-vice games -- a very minor version, albeit, but functional). I'll look into whether or not I still have my source code somewhere on my computer ^^, it was back when I first started using PALib.

Now that I think about it, I have a motion card now. Pedometer-incorporated Digi-vice games, anyone?

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skullcollector said:
Antoligy said:
well, why don't you use your magic skills with your marvelous homebrew and make it!
churning out modified demo's gets old

I am not seeking attention.
I DO know PAlib, C andC++.

I was just saying, it's not a hard game to make!

I'll tell you what, once I've finished my new game, in about 1 year, I might look into this.

Right... in a year i bet you will probably forget about finishing your game
and Tamagotchi for the DS. And also dont bs until you do create something
out of C/C++ for the DS and actually release it.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Out of boredom, I've made a mockup Tamagotchi DS screen in Gimp, just to see how it would look... And I say it looks better than I expected.

tamagotchids.png

This is not a screen of an actual game, I just gimped it together and it kind of works. Maybe I could find some pics of random Tamagotchis and see if I could turn them into images that you could use on Tamagotchi DS.

B12Core

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inunah said:
Out of boredom, I've made a mockup Tamagotchi DS screen in Gimp, just to see how it would look... And I say it looks better than I expected.

tamagotchids.png

This is not a screen of an actual game, I just gimped it together and it kind of works. Maybe I could find some pics of random Tamagotchis and see if I could turn them into images that you could use on Tamagotchi DS.

Looks good ^^

However, should we really make the game harder than it should be? We have a 256 x 192 touch screen to work with here; not three buttons.

The project manager for this should decide this, though.

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
B12Core said:
Inunah said:

tamagotchids.png

Looks good ^^

However, should we really make the game harder than it should be? We have a 256 x 192 touch screen to work with here; not three buttons.

The project manager for this should decide this, though.
Well that's what I could make of it. Of course, if I had more time and patience I would've added a Wi-Fi button, a few Tamagotchi stats, and all that etc.... Hey, on that note, I think there could be a Tamagotchi Connection type thing added with Wifi/Local Wireless and an emailing option to tell you when your Tama needs food or something...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
If I can find a load of tamagotchis I can probably draw them out for you which would give better quality than ripping from images, they're just simple black pixels after all.

Edit: Scratch that Google revealed a sprite sheet in full colour.

tamagotchtown_tamagotchi_sheet.png

You'd have to credit the maker though if I recall my previous uses of sprites.

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
If I can find a load of tamagotchis I can probably draw them out for you which would give better quality than ripping from images, they're just simple black pixels after all.
So you just need a general appearance of them... Hmmmmm....

And no, they're not just simple black pixels. According to the Tamagotchi Wikia they're coming out with new LCD Tamagotchis that look like they do in their DS Corner Shop counterparts.... :\

But that Tamagotchi Wikia I linked a second ago could help you. XD

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I found a whole sprite sheet of the simple ones.

Meh, new tamagotchis? Bah its not as good as the old low res screens, hell those sprites are in full colour!!! The older ones just have an air of nostalgia and that's why most people would play around with the homebrew

env

Trophies
XP
Country
Skullcollector said:
I'll tell you what, once I've finished my new game, in about 1 year, I might look into this.
Assuming that one year have passed ...

QUOTE(Skullcollector @ Jan 18 2010, 10:23 AM) Those sprites are the ones I was working on !

blink.gif
oh my God that was fast!

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
B12Core said:
I was actually working on this Tamagotchi sort of system with these Digimon sprites:

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/objects/8/304/Sprite/

However, to one it's own -- it's all up to the game designer ^^
One this is Nice i wonder if someone will think of a Digimon Device Homebrew i used to have a Digivice but it Broke long time Ago this Would Be Really Nice to Recall my Old Memmories

ON TOPIC: i used to have a Tamagotchi when i was little Good time Good times...However when they dies on me it wasnt a Good Time lol...

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a Tamagotchi but I dropped mine on the concrete and it stopped working, and two months later when I found my sister's I started it up and every time the egg hatched it would reset. :\ Ever since then I've wanted another Tamagotchi... Maybe an Angelgotchi or some derivative of Tamagotchi. And now I want either the new Tamagotchi Plus Color (because my Tamagotchi always wanted to eat when it was too dark to see the screen and I had to go turn on a light to see it) when they come out in the US (or i'll import it, whichever's cheaper) or maybe one of the newer Tamagotchi Connections.

BUT HEY, until we see a Tamagotchi simulator on the Nintendo DS, go get the Lameboy Emulator and play the Tamagotchi game on the GAME BOY!!!! Yes, it was on the Game Boy. It was kind of hard to understand what to do in the games and such, and it was kind of slow and boring, but at least it was an actual Tamagotchi simulator instead of Tamagotchi Corner Shop type stuff.

Unoalpho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you remember the tamagocthi website (you get a code from your tamagotchi type it in and you go into a city type thing)
You should make it be able to do that to our instead of wifi just put it into the game
Hope this goes well to whoever is coding it

EDIT:Also while searching around filetrip I found this
its a tamagotchi like thing except its a blobb you must take care of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)