XICO2KX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello!
smile.gif

I was reading something about the Photo Channel on Wikipedia, and it says that it can read the following formats:
lecture.gif

JPEG, JPG, MOV, AVI, MP3, AAC, M4A
And it also mentions that the current version v1.1 was last updated on December 10, 2007...
rolleyes.gif

So, in theory, all the vulnerabilities discovered for those file formats since then should still be unfixed!
ohmy.gif

Here's just a few examples:
tongue.gif
I know that all these exploits are application/platform/implementation dependent...
closedeyes.gif

But who knows, maybe the programmers at Nintendo made similar mistakes!
cool.gif

Has anyone tried testing something like this yet?
ph34r.gif

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol. This reminds me 'like' the PSP. Getting it into HEN mode by using TIFF exploits. Well maybe its possible to play some kind of video, or some kind of photos
to make the wii crash and start the exploit. Not sure though if its possible.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It is a good idea, but the problem is that they are OS and software dependent. But yes, maybe Nintendo have some error there.

Hmm... you guys know viruses can be embedded in jpeg files etc. I wonder if its possible to implent Hackmii installer in one too.

XICO2KX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
bjorno said:
Lol. This reminds me 'like' the PSP. Getting it into HEN mode by using TIFF exploits. Well maybe its possible to play some kind of video, or some kind of photos
You mean something like this?
yaypsp.gif

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XICO2KX said:
bjorno said:
You mean something like this?
yaypsp.gif

yup. That is the ChickHen exploit. You go to photos and the photos will crash your psp and reboot it in HEN mode.

XICO2KX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Unfortunately I don't have the necessary skills or knowledge to do this...
closedeyes.gif
sad.gif

But is someone willing to give this a try?
rolleyes.gif
nyanya.gif
happy.gif
bow.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The formats it supports are well established and therefore more stable formats. Depending on whether they used open libraries or not will affect how easy it is to find exploits (Sony used an open TIFF library, and that's how there have been 2 or 3 TIFF exploits for the PSP AFAIK). TIFF is generally a fairly unstable and uncommon format, never actually seen an TIFF images that WEREN'T exploits, but JPEG (and JPG is JPEG) is more common and therefore most libraries to handle it are more developed and hence more stable.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TIFF is still pretty common for some scanners and parts of the printing industry. Then there's fax. Kinda sad really, but it's easier (cheaper) to implement than PS or PDF, and more reliable across interpretations.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the email thing probably never gonna happen. Just sent an email to my wii since I had not done it in a while and it was pretty basic not sure if it can get pics or anything else other then just words.

The Mii thing is kinda funny though get one that looks like a little gremlin that launches an exploit.

D

Deleted User

You can actually import mii's to your pc. All mii data is actually XML data. So it could be possible to find an exploit I think.

Edit: I mixed some things up, so I was mistaken with what I said. My comment is incorrect so don't quote me. Sorry for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water