Hacking Idea for an app

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was just thinking, Since I've been doing alot of WBFS Drive-to-Drive transfers lately I thought to myself why cant this be done on the wii itself? so basically my idea for an app would be a drive-to-drive copier app. as in the wii reads one drive and user selects a game then the wii copies it to the other WBFS drive or just a simple clone tool to just clone an enitre drive.

Anyway tell me what you guys think and if its possible and someone wants to make it go ahead lol cus I cant.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be done if the user was using FAT/NTFS. but then they could just drag/drop with a PC. in fact, EVERYTHING is faster when done with a PC. and seeing as how it takes 18+ hours to clone a few hundred WBFS games on my quad core PC, it would be a all-week project for the lowly wii CPU.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
it could be done if the user was using FAT/NTFS. but then they could just drag/drop with a PC. in fact, EVERYTHING is faster when done with a PC. and seeing as how it takes 18+ hours to clone a few hundred WBFS games on my quad core PC, it would be a all-week project for the lowly wii CPU.

I don't think your CPU is your bottleneck in these scenarios
tongue.gif

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did a drive to drive clone of 470ish games approx 700Gigs, started it at 3:00pm and it was finished by the 7:00am next morning when i got up. Now thats only 16 hours and i think it was finished for a while before i got up. Im only on an old Pentium4 too.

The drives were FAT32 dont know if that makes any difference to the speed..........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...