Hacking Idea for 3DS IR Port

sergster1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an idea. We can use it to enable IR Features on our flash karts for IR compatible games such as pokemon. Share your thoughts.

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well it would be a good idea, but IR is just not the best connection thing imo. It would be handy for pokemon (if that uses IR, I don't know) but there aren't any other popular games I know of that use IR. And besides the cards would become more expensive.
I would almost say, put Bluetooth on it instead of IR, but that would be useless as there would be nothing to connect it with.
Maybe a dualshock 3, which would be awesome though...

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jasper07 said:
Well it would be a good idea, but IR is just not the best connection thing imo. It would be handy for pokemon (if that uses IR, I don't know) but there aren't any other popular games I know of that use IR. And besides the cards would become more expensive.
I would almost say, put Bluetooth on it instead of IR, but that would be useless as there would be nothing to connect it with.

Did you even read the title? Why would cards become more expensive simply by supporting the IR port that is already in the 3DS? In any case, this is all moot and the 3DS (3DS mode) has yet to be hacked.

And IR is much faster than bluetooth. The only issue would be holding the 3DS' steady enough to not lose the signal.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another pointless thread, but I would rather see the IR hacked for a universal touchscreen remote through a system menu hack 2 years from now.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
hundshamer said:
Another pointless thread, but I would rather see the IR hacked for a universal touchscreen remote through a system menu hack 2 years from now.

This was one of the main uses I used my PSP phat for
biggrin.gif
. Would love to see it for the 3DS!

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OrGoN3 said:
Jasper07 said:

Did you even read the title? Why would cards become more expensive simply by supporting the IR port that is already in the 3DS? In any case, this is all moot and the 3DS (3DS mode) has yet to be hacked.

And IR is much faster than bluetooth. The only issue would be holding the 3DS' steady enough to not lose the signal.

gee you don't have to get all upset about it. That is just what I think will happen man. Besides, no one needs an IR port.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i agree a homebew app for a touch screen universal remote would be awesome
they have them for iphone and ipod touch but stupid apple never put in an infrared emmiter even,which would have been dirt cheap ,much cheaper than a reciver also,and should have been implemented in the ipad,ipod touch and iphone from the begining,they have an adapter but its hella ugly,sticks way out and takes up your dock connector which sucks,the psp app is ok but there is no touch screen

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You assume you can play DS games in 3DS mode, this is the same backwards thinking that some people had thinking you could play gamecube games in Wii mode.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well its kinda off topic,but now that koji metions it i also see posts about people talking about playing ds games with the analog controled on the 3ds with flashcards,so i was wonering is this at all possible?
can we use the analog for ds games on the 3ds?i mean they did enable the games to be stretched to fit the larger sernn so maybe they enabled the analog in ds mode,i havent got a 3ds yet so i dont know,so sorry if this is obvious

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The analog stick works, but it's detected as a d-pad. Meaning there's no actual analog sensitivity.

EDIT:
koji2009 said:
You assume you can play DS games in 3DS mode, this is the same backwards thinking that some people had thinking you could play gamecube games in Wii mode.
It's not possible with GC/Wii, but it is with other systems for example PSX games can have their textures smoothed and be read faster when played in a PS2.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:

Wouldn't this be different though? On the Wii in GC mode there is no home menu. If you want to get back to the SM you have to reboot the Wii. 3DS, hit home and it asks you if you want to close the game. DS has no Home button, but 3DS does and it works in DS games.

Anyone notice Nintendo got lazy? When they ported the few chunks of DS firmware to the 3DS, they left the "secret button" in the top left of the Internet Connections screen.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
I'd (maybe) pay for a standalone retail cart that did that.

plasma dragon007 said:
QUOTE(koji2009 @ May 1 2011, 12:50 AM) You assume you can play DS games in 3DS mode, this is the same backwards thinking that some people had thinking you could play gamecube games in Wii mode.

Wouldn't this be different though? On the Wii in GC mode there is no home menu. If you want to get back to the SM you have to reboot the Wii. 3DS, hit home and it asks you if you want to close the game. DS has no Home button, but 3DS does and it works in DS games.

Anyone notice Nintendo got lazy? When they ported the few chunks of DS firmware to the 3DS, they left the "secret button" in the top left of the Internet Connections screen.
I heard it was an emulator, not DS-mode.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
hundshamer said:

plasma dragon007 said:
QUOTE(koji2009 @ May 1 2011, 12:50 AM) You assume you can play DS games in 3DS mode, this is the same backwards thinking that some people had thinking you could play gamecube games in Wii mode.

It does seem to be an emulator, because of some weird behavior, but noone is certain except Ninty...

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
hundshamer said:

plasma dragon007 said:

Emulator or not, some of the firmware is modified. Go into the Legacy DS Download Play. Hit (B) to exit it. Old DS's, it would shut down the system. 3DS it says "Return to menu?" So they obviously took enough care to modify the firmware to make it exit back to loader rather than shut down the system, but neglected to remove the useless secret button.

Also, only size difference between DS Lite and 3DS, touch screen wise, 3DS is slightly wider and a hair or two taller. Why do DS games look like shit on it though >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: