I would rather steal games than buy them.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not true in every case. Sometimes people do it just to be jerks or to de-rail a thread. Here is an example:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=404...ndpost&p=519766

Haha, you actually made a thread because I 'de-railed your thread just to be a jerk'? Dude, calm down. You get annoyed when people tell you to buy games? Think your the only one who ever gets annoyed? Its annoying when people make dumbassed threads about easily researchable topics. I also find it annoying when people can't wait for a "solution" (solution is in quotes because there is already a solution out there) so they can play their downloaded games. If you're not paying for games, or contributing to the scene, you have no right to complain. If you can't wait until 2009 for a "solution", then do it yourself.

I have a Supercard, and I download games for it. I help people when they're having problems getting their pirated games to work and I know the answer. Find a healthy medium, you don't always have to be to one extreme.

And sorry if I hurt your feelings by de-railing your thread and being a jerk.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
DERAILMENT!!!
chocobadger.gif

WishCow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm pirating games because they cost a lot (here).
A DS costs $220 right now here, go figure out the price of the games.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
People who make games are already rich, they are like britney spears or paris hilton, they drive expensive cars and have big parties all the time. I don't care if they don't get an extra $50 that wouldn't even pay for their yacht's wax job that they make poor third world girls in bikinis apply with their butts.

well, all these companys who keep producing shitty movie tie in games, and disney games must have a lil money in thier pocket to be still making these shitty movie tie in, and disney games

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I live in sweden, making it problematic to import good games nonstop from around the world. Flashcart is a great way to learn about the whole game culture without the need to buy games that turn out like crap or games that you would've never tried out otherwise.

But I do my painful part of buying games legally as well, to give my support whenever a company does make a great game and deserves it. But companies that come up with shitty games and just for example makes 'homo blue', 'homo red', 'homo purple' series etc.. they deserve to go bankrupt and have their games pirated.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here comes some teaching:
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

I
wub.gif
my
yaynds.gif
and
gba.gif
on it a lot until i get
wacko.gif
. The games I
gba.gif
are downloaded. "
ohmy.gif
" you say? Well, i still
bow.gif
to Nintendo for their great quality games. I used to do this when I had a
psp.gif
as well, but those times are over. It may be
unsure.gif
as to whether pirating is OK, but who cares. Some people get
mad.gif
at this, but I don't care. To each his own.

grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As long as you buy the odd game to support the system, I can't see anything wrong with piracy. Nintendo and other companies over charge for the games anyway. What gets on my nerves is when I post in the release section saying this game is great, then I get 50 PMs with Gimmie DA Romz.

Rangent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I download games, and try them out, but only purchase the ones I think are worth it as well. I've purchased about 10-15 games this year but have probably played 30-50. There is a huge lack of games out there that are wworth anything. No creative thoughts almost ever.

NMorgan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back to the point of this topic:

Don't shit on people's threads. When somebody asks for help playing a copied game, telling them to just buy a copy isn't helping at all. Who cares about your moral position about piracy. Of course its illegal, but people will do what they want, so stop shitting on threads.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Back to the point of this topic:

Don't shit on people's threads. When somebody asks for help playing a copied game, telling them to just buy a copy isn't helping at all. Who cares about your moral position about piracy. Of course its illegal, but people will do what they want, so stop shitting on threads.
/agree

It's like searching for information. When I ask google.com what's the best way to kidnap a child, I don't want it to tell me that it's morally wrong and I shouldn't do it (or be doing it in some cases). I want it to fucking tell me how to kidnap a child. End of story.

NMorgan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like searching for information. When I ask google.com what's the best way to kidnap a child, I don't want it to tell me that it's morally wrong and I shouldn't do it (or be doing it in some cases). I want it to fucking tell me how to kidnap a child. End of story.
Exactly. If searching for how to kidnap a child I would want a great website like this, not a bunch of fagbags telling me how doing so is illegal. Of course its illegal. If you disagree with it, then don't post. Same thing applies to video game piracy: we know the risks, so stop shitting on our threads.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Exactly. If searching for how to kidnap a child I would want a great website like this, not a bunch of fagbags telling me how doing so is illegal. Of course its illegal. If you disagree with it, then don't post. Same thing applies to video game piracy: we know the risks, so stop shitting on our threads.
QFT

M

mario5555

Since when did GBA Temp become not about the games???

I've watched the site evolve from one of the best GBA & handheld based sites on the net to degenerating to what it is today, a site that posts almost exclusively on what new flash card is coming out and the games are put on the backburner of focus.

That is a shame, I used to enjoy reading all the lively discussion about some Japanese game I was curious about and didn't know much and more often than not someone here would talk about it in brief, nowadays, all I seem to read is, does it work with Flash Card X or what settings do I need to make it work.

And that's if someone actually bothered to post anything about it.

I know why this site started and I've been here since Kivan started it a waaay long time ago. I think it's just a shame it has denigrated into what it has become and lost it's focus of being about the games into an even more blatant shell of what it used to be and still should be.

This place was rockin' in it's heyday, why can't it still at least try to pretend to have some semblence of what it used to be in the past...?
frown.gif

Just sad to see such a prosperous and excellent community go down the tubes because of ill-thought descisions and format change in trade off for the strong sense of community that once existed here.

I don't post here much anymore and that is the main reason why, just look at the main topics on the right side of the screen when you come in not a single one had to deal with a game, it was this one and like 3 dealing with flashcards and one other misc. thread.

If the staff wants to do something in the new year for GBAtemp, my challenge is this, Make the site what it used to be in it's glory time and not what it has become.

Thanks for reading, but this is something I've had to get off my chest for quite some time now.

Later.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know why this site started and I've been here since Kivan started it a waaay long time ago. I think it's just a shame it has denigrated into what it has become and lost it's focus of being about the games into an even more blatant shell of what it used to be and still should be.
Eh..Who's to say it's main focus was about "the games" when it started? I don't think it's "denigrated" but moreso, it covers what the public wants. It's harder to find reviews and information on flash carts than games so they've got more exclusivity. If I wanna read about games, I'll go to IGN, GameSpot, or one of the many other 100 gaming site clones. I'm glad GBAtemp actually has a bit of uniqueness with the flash cart information and what not as opposed to being another "gaming site."

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
That is a shame, I used to enjoy reading all the lively discussion about some Japanese game I was curious about and didn't know much and more often than not someone here would talk about it in brief, nowadays, all I seem to read is, does it work with Flash Card X or what settings do I need to make it work. And that's if someone actually bothered to post anything about it.
Actually I disagree. The discussions are stilll there, granted there's a lot of "X doesn't work on Y" but I guess I'm just used to filtering them out. I still use GBATemp as the main place where I work out which games are good or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land