I wish, I wish, I wish...........

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Smuff, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Smuff
    OP

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    Don't know how many of you have played the original version on the Saturn, but I think the DS touch screen would lend itself perfectly for a long awaited sequel to the awesome Nights into Dreams [​IMG]

The original has you using an analogue pad to steer Nights through his flying stunts - the touch screen controls would be a great substitute for this.
    The DS graphics would be able to easily better the mighty Saturn's I believe, so this beautiful game could be remade with even more visual loveliness than it's daddy.

Mind you, now I come to think of it, imagine a remake on the Wii, with the Wiimote used to control the flying............ [​IMG]

Yuji Naka always said he refused to make a sequel for Nights (on the Dreamcast for example) because it would just be a rehash of the game, with prettier pictures. He wanted to wait until he could do something "special" to improve it - He was after a revolutionary control interface (ring any bells with anyone ????)

Anyone else wishing for a Nights DS version, or am I the only old fart sega fanboy left these days ?? [​IMG]

*EDIT* Just found this old piece of news on the net. I could be closer to the truth than I think......

2. GameGeezer

GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2006
    United States
    I think Nights would work great on the Wii. I read the same thing about the developer not wanting to continue the series. I would be happy with a graphics enhanced port of the original game on the wii if a continuation is not possible. This would be a good title to realease some months after the initial release of the Wii to bring in a second wave of on the fence sega fans.

On the other hand I have read very little about any progress on this recently. Now I wish I could get my gd Saturn to work [​IMG]

3. fatfrank

fatfrank GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2005
    Canada
    Man, i've been hoping for some new NiGHTS for ever... It would indeed be a great Wii game (or a ds) but on the Wii what i'd really like to see is a panzer dragoon [​IMG] what about that?

4. GameGeezer

GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2006
    United States
    Panzer Dragoon would be great and I was hoping Rez would pop back up on the Wii too.

5. PURPLEMUSTANG

PURPLEMUSTANG GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2005
    a panzer dragoon wth rpg elements like gaining levels ,buying armour for the dragons that show on screen...etc.

6. Rayout

Rayout GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2006
    United States
    Panzer Dragoon Saga was such a great RPG [​IMG]

7. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2006
    Greece
    I agree with you. [​IMG]

Also I would LOVE to see a GODZILLA game for the DS. :'( I want to buy a playstation2 or xbox just for this game [​IMG]

Godzilla all the way [​IMG]

8. Monk

Monk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2006
    Poland
    Snatcher. Orginally for SegaCD & PC Engine. Try out it on emulator and tell me this game doesn't rock and isn't perfect for DS.