I wish, I wish, I wish...........

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Smuff, Oct 14, 2006.

Oct 14, 2006

I wish, I wish, I wish........... by Smuff at 3:39 PM (1,326 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Smuff
    OP

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    Don't know how many of you have played the original version on the Saturn, but I think the DS touch screen would lend itself perfectly for a long awaited sequel to the awesome Nights into Dreams [​IMG]

The original has you using an analogue pad to steer Nights through his flying stunts - the touch screen controls would be a great substitute for this.
    The DS graphics would be able to easily better the mighty Saturn's I believe, so this beautiful game could be remade with even more visual loveliness than it's daddy.

Mind you, now I come to think of it, imagine a remake on the Wii, with the Wiimote used to control the flying............ [​IMG]

Yuji Naka always said he refused to make a sequel for Nights (on the Dreamcast for example) because it would just be a rehash of the game, with prettier pictures. He wanted to wait until he could do something "special" to improve it - He was after a revolutionary control interface (ring any bells with anyone ????)

Anyone else wishing for a Nights DS version, or am I the only old fart sega fanboy left these days ?? [​IMG]

*EDIT* Just found this old piece of news on the net. I could be closer to the truth than I think......

2. GameGeezer

Member GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think Nights would work great on the Wii. I read the same thing about the developer not wanting to continue the series. I would be happy with a graphics enhanced port of the original game on the wii if a continuation is not possible. This would be a good title to realease some months after the initial release of the Wii to bring in a second wave of on the fence sega fans.

On the other hand I have read very little about any progress on this recently. Now I wish I could get my gd Saturn to work [​IMG]

3. fatfrank

Member fatfrank GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Man, i've been hoping for some new NiGHTS for ever... It would indeed be a great Wii game (or a ds) but on the Wii what i'd really like to see is a panzer dragoon [​IMG] what about that?

4. GameGeezer

Member GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Panzer Dragoon would be great and I was hoping Rez would pop back up on the Wii too.

5. PURPLEMUSTANG

Member PURPLEMUSTANG GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    a panzer dragoon wth rpg elements like gaining levels ,buying armour for the dragons that show on screen...etc.

6. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Panzer Dragoon Saga was such a great RPG [​IMG]

7. Lacrimosa

Member Lacrimosa GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    I agree with you. [​IMG]

Also I would LOVE to see a GODZILLA game for the DS. :'( I want to buy a playstation2 or xbox just for this game [​IMG]

Godzilla all the way [​IMG]

8. Monk

Newcomer Monk Member

Poland
    Snatcher. Orginally for SegaCD & PC Engine. Try out it on emulator and tell me this game doesn't rock and isn't perfect for DS.