I want your opinion on these games;

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Langin, Apr 8, 2011.

?

Super Monkey Ball 3D

1. One of the best titles!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Worth its money

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Its okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not good not bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Its bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Complete waste of your money

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Have not tried it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Apr 8, 2011
  1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Well I am trying to find out if these games are good or bad, can you make your choices in the poll and give some reasons why you chose for that? [​IMG]

Really appreciated! [​IMG]

2. benno300

Member benno300 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I haven't tried them but watched a lot of reviews and I think that pilotwings is the best one form the list unless you like racers.
    Although I didn't watch a lot of the monkey ball reviews but I think it got a 7.5 or something on a site.

3. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Pilot Wings is one short game... Ridge racer is terrible. The only title I could recommend is Monkey Ball since its kinda fun. Why won't you get SSFIV?

4. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    I already have it!

Just as Samurai Warriors, Lego Star Wars, ghost recon and Nintendogs!

5. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    I don't believe PilotWings is shorter than Super Monkey Ball. Pilotwings is good and it shows off the 3D effect really well.

I get Super Monkey Ball free to my 3DS preorder - but it's yet to arrive (they say it ships 15. April).. I'm looking forward to that as I'm nearing the end of Pilotwings. But I already heard Monkey Ball is short and doesn't offer much replay value. And yet I bet it offers some fun, especially with two different control schemes (analogue stick and motion control).

I think all these early launch titles are kind of tech demos - The "real" games are yet to come. (But still, I already had several hours of fun with Pilotwings (see my Mini-Review in the other thread)

6. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Well then you have most of the good games... I recommend saving your money when the Awesome games come out in summer.

7. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Not played Monkey Ball yet, doesn't seem worth the full £40. It'll be cheap in a few months.

Pilotwings is pretty decent. It's not the longest game unless you care about 100% completion and want perfect scores in every challenge. It's functional and enjoyable but don't go in expecting a truly amazing game. Personally I recommend paying no more that £30 for it.

Ridge Racer is very enjoyable. In fact I've officially renamed 'Drifting' to 'Busting' because it makes me feel good. It's actually quite long, although as a result you will see the tracks several times each. They have a different feel when using faster cars in later races, but they're still the same tracks. Not a major problem. I got mine for a mere £25 when purchased with my 3DS, and so far it's the game I've played the most. OK so it's not gonna go down in history as the greatest racer ever, but go in expecting a decent game and you'll find one.

8. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I didn't like ridge racer. I returned it.

Pilot wings kinda sux because the replayability factor sux.

9. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Haven't played Ridge Racer 3D.
    But Pilotwings Resort, although short, is a very nice experience to kick off the 3DS experience.
    I spend time playing the missions over until I get a perfect clear, and it's very satisfying that way.

Super Monkey Ball 3D on the other hand was an absolute waste of money, it's not "Just another monkey ball", but it actually has really poorly designed stages that feel flat and are devoid of variation or surprises.
    It is pitifully easy and can be cleared in a mere 2 hours or less, Pilot Wings has more substance a dozen times over.

10. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Got Samurai Warriors, Asphalt 3D, Dinosaurs 3D and Ridge Racer so far, and I'm quite satisfied for now. I'm waiting for OOT 3D anyway. :3

11. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    I just checked that activity log. It says I spent 11 hours on PilotWings already. And no, it still doesn't suck [​IMG]
    But it's my only 3DS game right now (still playing Dragon Quest on NDS though)

12. SickPuppy

Member SickPuppy New Member

United States
    I don't like any of the current titles, waiting for better ones to make a purchase. I did get the Nintendogs and Sims 3 for my daughter, haven't really looked at them, but she likes them.

13. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    For it's 3D effect alone, Pilot Wings is a pretty cool game. It's a great launch title to show off the prowess of the 3DS, and it's a nice title to get. My only problem is the price...

I haven't tried the others.

14. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Maybe if they didn't give a time limit for "Free Mode" in Pilotwings more people would like it.

15. TheWon

Member TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Pliotwings is like the other in the series. Just not as much content when compared to the N64 version. Still a good game, and new experience. Ridge Racer 3D would be right there with SSF4 3D if it only had online. That's what missing from keeping it from the top!

16. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    You can extend the time limit to (I think) 5 minutes by playing it for a while.

17. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    I have always loved Pilotwings on Snes (and I have recently bought the N64 one but have yet to play it).

I like Pilotwings on 3DS, especially the free flight mode (where you collect ballons/info etc), it's a great game showcasing 3DS 3D capabilities, unfortunately, the game is extremely short (especially if you have already played a pilotwings game).

If you liked the previous PilotWings and are not allergic to the Mii: buy it.

18. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Yeah, but my point is that it's called Free Flight, I don't like being restricted in a mode called Free Flight.

19. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    My Ridge Racer is getting a lot more play time than Street Fighter, that's for sure and I got Street Fighter before launch.

Ridge Racer is pretty great.

20. anime999

Newcomer anime999 Member

Canada
    I'm really liking Pilotwings, it was the only one out of the launch titles that got my interest but I still didn't have very high expectations from what I read about it. Nonetheless it's a fun game and for the last few days I've surprised myself by how competitive I've become about it, I keep redoing the same missions over and over until I get perfect scores (it helps that I'm terrible at the game, more play time for me lol). Pilotwings for me at least was certainly worth its money [​IMG]