Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I am trying to find out if these games are good or bad, can you make your choices in the poll and give some reasons why you chose for that?
smile.gif

Really appreciated!
moogle.gif

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't tried them but watched a lot of reviews and I think that pilotwings is the best one form the list unless you like racers.
Although I didn't watch a lot of the monkey ball reviews but I think it got a 7.5 or something on a site.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AlanJohn said:
Pilot Wings is one short game... Ridge racer is terrible. The only title I could recommend is Monkey Ball since its kinda fun. Why won't you get SSFIV?

I already have it!

Just as Samurai Warriors, Lego Star Wars, ghost recon and Nintendogs!

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't believe PilotWings is shorter than Super Monkey Ball. Pilotwings is good and it shows off the 3D effect really well.

I get Super Monkey Ball free to my 3DS preorder - but it's yet to arrive (they say it ships 15. April).. I'm looking forward to that as I'm nearing the end of Pilotwings. But I already heard Monkey Ball is short and doesn't offer much replay value. And yet I bet it offers some fun, especially with two different control schemes (analogue stick and motion control).

I think all these early launch titles are kind of tech demos - The "real" games are yet to come. (But still, I already had several hours of fun with Pilotwings (see my Mini-Review in the other thread)

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Lightning said:
AlanJohn said:
Pilot Wings is one short game... Ridge racer is terrible. The only title I could recommend is Monkey Ball since its kinda fun. Why won't you get SSFIV?

I already have it!

Just as Samurai Warriors, Lego Star Wars, ghost recon and Nintendogs!
Well then you have most of the good games... I recommend saving your money when the Awesome games come out in summer.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not played Monkey Ball yet, doesn't seem worth the full £40. It'll be cheap in a few months.

Pilotwings is pretty decent. It's not the longest game unless you care about 100% completion and want perfect scores in every challenge. It's functional and enjoyable but don't go in expecting a truly amazing game. Personally I recommend paying no more that £30 for it.

Ridge Racer is very enjoyable. In fact I've officially renamed 'Drifting' to 'Busting' because it makes me feel good. It's actually quite long, although as a result you will see the tracks several times each. They have a different feel when using faster cars in later races, but they're still the same tracks. Not a major problem. I got mine for a mere £25 when purchased with my 3DS, and so far it's the game I've played the most. OK so it's not gonna go down in history as the greatest racer ever, but go in expecting a decent game and you'll find one.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haven't played Ridge Racer 3D.
But Pilotwings Resort, although short, is a very nice experience to kick off the 3DS experience.
I spend time playing the missions over until I get a perfect clear, and it's very satisfying that way.

Super Monkey Ball 3D on the other hand was an absolute waste of money, it's not "Just another monkey ball", but it actually has really poorly designed stages that feel flat and are devoid of variation or surprises.
It is pitifully easy and can be cleared in a mere 2 hours or less, Pilot Wings has more substance a dozen times over.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just checked that activity log. It says I spent 11 hours on PilotWings already. And no, it still doesn't suck
tongue.gif

But it's my only 3DS game right now (still playing Dragon Quest on NDS though)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like any of the current titles, waiting for better ones to make a purchase. I did get the Nintendogs and Sims 3 for my daughter, haven't really looked at them, but she likes them.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For it's 3D effect alone, Pilot Wings is a pretty cool game. It's a great launch title to show off the prowess of the 3DS, and it's a nice title to get. My only problem is the price...

I haven't tried the others.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliotwings is like the other in the series. Just not as much content when compared to the N64 version. Still a good game, and new experience. Ridge Racer 3D would be right there with SSF4 3D if it only had online. That's what missing from keeping it from the top!

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have always loved Pilotwings on Snes (and I have recently bought the N64 one but have yet to play it).

I like Pilotwings on 3DS, especially the free flight mode (where you collect ballons/info etc), it's a great game showcasing 3DS 3D capabilities, unfortunately, the game is extremely short (especially if you have already played a pilotwings game).

If you liked the previous PilotWings and are not allergic to the Mii: buy it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
machomuu said:
Maybe if they didn't give a time limit for "Free Mode" in Pilotwings more people would like it.
You can extend the time limit to (I think) 5 minutes by playing it for a while.
Yeah, but my point is that it's called Free Flight, I don't like being restricted in a mode called Free Flight.

anime999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really liking Pilotwings, it was the only one out of the launch titles that got my interest but I still didn't have very high expectations from what I read about it. Nonetheless it's a fun game and for the last few days I've surprised myself by how competitive I've become about it, I keep redoing the same missions over and over until I get perfect scores (it helps that I'm terrible at the game, more play time for me lol). Pilotwings for me at least was certainly worth its money
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI