Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
As there is no update for SX OS, I want to go with atmosphere because i'll have my legit smash bros game friday and I want to play it online.

With SX OS, I was playing XCI only on emunand with no internet at all.

My sysNAND is clean, never run backup on hb on it.

But with atmosphere, there is no emunand so I'll have to install NSP on my NAND... and it's a high ban risk
So i was wondering if I can remove all traces of on NSP (ticket) and not be flagged by nintendo?

Aniblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Going online while using Atmosphere (presumably to not burn a fuse while updating to 6.2) and wanting to remove every trace of using it without being flagged don't mix well together. The only way to remove every trace of using any brew and CFW is to restore a clean NAND BEFORE going online.

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Going online while using Atmosphere (presumably to not burn a fuse while updating to 6.2) and wanting to remove every trace of using it without being flagged don't mix well together. The only way to remove every trace of using any brew and CFW is to restore a clean NAND BEFORE going online.
And what if I disconnect the switch from internet, make a NAND backup, install and play NSP offline, restore the NAND backup I made before installing nsp, reconnect the switch to internet?

Will that work?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As there is no update for SX OS, I want to go with atmosphere because i'll have my legit smash bros game friday and I want to play it online.

But with atmosphere, there is no emunand so I'll have to install NSP on my NAND... and it's a high ban risk
So i was wondering if I can remove all traces of on NSP (ticket) and not be flagged by nintendo?
Currently only by restoring a clean NAND backup.
But if you are planning on playing Smash online, just update your sysNAND and use that for legit stuff and keep emuNAND at the version it's at (or update it to 6.1) for all your CFW needs? This is after all the main point of emuNAND.
Soon enough you'll be able to update the emuNAND, but it doesn't really matter currently as no games need 6.2.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Aniblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And what if I disconnect the switch from internet, make a NAND backup, install and play NSP offline, restore the NAND backup I made before installing nsp, reconnect the switch to internet?

Will that work?
That will work. You will lose your savegames, but that will work.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nsp on sysnand is not high of ban. It's a sure 100% ban. Smarter thing to do right now is to wait for SX update don't be stupid and get yourself banned.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country

You wanna know the foolproof method?

Restore your NAND to before you hacked it.

Buy a new Switch.

System Transfer.

Rehack.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nsp on sysnand is not high of ban. It's a sure 100% ban. Smarter thing to do right now is to wait for SX update don't be stupid and get yourself banned.
This is false as there are plenty of users not banned for .NSP files but just as many banned for using .XCI files. Please stop spreading misinformation. Next you're gonna tell him no one gets banned for only homebrew.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is false as there are plenty of users not banned for .NSP files but just as many banned for using .XCI files. Please stop spreading misinformation. Next you're gonna tell him no one gets banned for only homebrew.

That why I ask you first before I could answer so I don't want my post to contain the misinformation.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No at all, i'll backup savegames before restoring the nand

You can backup and restore the save via Checkpoint, so ban risk appears to be low if you do offline.

Remove CFW from your SD after you finish with restore the saves, so I couldn't trust Nintendo whoever scan our SD card to see if we have CFW files in it.

Do you have mysterious or suspicious error codes under error history in Health and Safety? Is it none when you backup the NAND?

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I have to tell him to install nsp because "some" people didn't get banned? You're so smart listen to this guy op and use nsp, a lot of people got banned but who cares some did not so go on and with a bit of luck you will not get banned!

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you try to run an installed nsp in OFW, you will generate an error and get banned. IMO that makes them a bit riskier. Emunand ftw

Reactions: ELY_M

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You can easily get banned with NSP because Nintendo can see that NSP have not been installed from eshop so they ban you.
With XCI, if you use a legit and unique cert, it's more difficult for them

Reactions: ELY_M

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can easily get banned with NSP because Nintendo can see that NSP have not been installed from eshop so they ban you.
With XCI, if you use a legit and unique cert, it's more difficult for them

There's a high risk, but still no guarantee.

I installed about 100 nsps AND even updated them though OFW.
I am not banned yet.

Last edited by MHDestination,
Reactions: Draxzelex

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's important to distinguish between "known potential risk" and "unknown potential risk". If some folks are banned doing a thing, however few, it's a known potential risk. If we're not sure if something could lead to a ban or not, it's an unknown potential risk. And something we know cannot lead to a ban is perfectly safe.

I'm overly cautious when it comes to things like this, because I fear both the unknown potential risk and the known potential risk alike. I would approach it with the mentality that minimizing risk would allow me to play online for a while, but it's possible for me to be banned at any moment really. Though hopefully it'd be months :P That's just my personal mentality when it comes to this situation, and how I've decided to approach it.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't know that some people didn't get banned using nsp, that's very very strange considering Nintendo can see in a second that people didn't actually bought them.
Still maybe it's not 100% ban like i said but sure is a very very high risk, so avoid it at all costs. I've been not banned for more than 4 months now also with emunand at some point so I think I know a little bit what I'm doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po