I want to be a programer/Game maker in the future

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Yatashi Strife, May 27, 2009.

1. Yatashi Strife
    OP

Member Yatashi Strife GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Does anyone have any pointers?i know a little bit already but i still need to learn more. Thanks in advance

2. Blood Fetish

Member Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

United States
    If you like gaming at all then do not pursue this career. It is not fun. You don't shoot Nerf arrows at your coworkers in between Halo sessions at work. It is tedious, poor pay and some of the worst hours you will find outside of indentured servitude.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Prepare to make a lot of tea, there are many like you and the only way of getting your foot in the door is by starting at the very bottom, getting to know people well enough for them to want to be interested in what you have to show.

Also being able to code and have fresh ideas as well helps. Also nowadays you may have to make what is known as "shovelware" just to pay the man, thats if you're lucky.

4. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Study Electronics or Computer Information Systems for the best results. Study Electronics if you aren't so good at math however, CIS is best if you are a math prodigy or just plain great at it. Take an internship or study abroad in Japan or Canada if you can to help your resume.