Hacking I think my R4DS FlashCart has crashed

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i had a 512mb card in my R4 before and i had it in a while...i thought my memory card had a virus så i bought a new memory card but my R4 freezes when im playing something, and when i restart it says Loading.... Then i have to take out my R4DS card and blow in it, then it works again but it will freeze again :S
plz need help with this.. is there any program or homebrew who can fix my flashcart??

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe there are some dust/dirt on microsd pins, (i think there is no homebrew for that), but in my m3simply that happens all the time (sometime not loading gui), i always blow into the microsd slot and clean microsd card with something (like my t-shirt
smile.gif
) and it works well . If your r4 crashes when playing games, maybe 1) you need to install the latest soft 2) try to clean all slots with cleaning air (for pc) 3) there could be no other way, but use guarranty in the store you bought that
4)dont worry r4 are cheap if you cannot do any of these, just buy another one
smile.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Clean the contacts (a rubber, not plastic, eraser is ideal for such cleaning), be aware of whether you are touching the R4 when it freezes in your DS(my own used to do that, I'd touch it and whatever I was doing would break - removing the spring from the TF slot and cleaning the contacts seems to have cured it entirely).

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
azotyp i followed ur edvice that im gonna clean memory card and so
but it still says "Loading..." all the time and when it works it freezes :S :/

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
1. You have no idea how virusses work do you =\? No need to buy a new flashcard for that

2. Putting it in a freezer? for crying out loud, It DOESN'T have any mechanical parts. It's pure electronics on the inside.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
can i put my flashcart in to my freezer and take it out about one week??
QUOTEÂ if i wash it with water will it crash??

Tell the true you washed r4 and putted it into fridge, that's why its crashed.
biggrin.gif

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no I promise havent done that yet, thinking to do that >___>

+ the R4 cost 60$ in sweden :/ cant get that much money fast. The cheapest is 43$ and i have to buy it from internet, and my dad dont trust internet :/

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, if youve formatted the micro sd, try another one, then you should open up your r4 and see if anything looks exploded or anything, then clean the tips of your micro sd with water/cleaning alchohol.

if that fails, try a different ds

rozzan143

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my old DS was effected by the "virus" so I bought a new one, but I have a cemical cleaner for hands and it have 8O greeds somthing something with alcohole so ill try it
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1