Hardware I think I've broken my New 3DS XL too much. Can anyone help me?

F4LL0U7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL on firmware 11.6.0-39E and I need a few problems fixed with it.

1. The SD Card slot keeps ejecting whatever card I put in there immediately. This was caused by me having little knowledge of SD cards and pulling the SD card out and not ejecting it. I keep it wedged in with a bit of paper but it's probably going to stop working soon. I don't know if I can send it to Nintendo to get this fixed, because I have CFW on my 3DS. But the next issue is with CFW.

2. Luma3DS is stuck on 6.6 (INCREDIBLY old version) and won't update. And I am still using A9LH when I should be updating to B9S. This is a massive issue, and the SD card slot doesn't help that I can't update to B9S.

3. Can I send my 3DS to Nintendo? I may need to delete some files off of the NAND and take my SD Card out (which I can do with FBI) but I don't know which files. Also, any other ways to make my CFW undetectable?

Last edited by F4LL0U7,

Amaljaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
generally nintendo doesn't look too hard into seeing if you've hacked your 3ds. if you've cleared off any obvious stuff like icons on your home menu 10 bucks says that they won't be able to tell since all they do is either bin it or refurbish it.

even if they do notice they won't before they've shipped you a new one.

F4LL0U7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I could just send it to Nintendo and get the SD Card slot fixed, right? I mean, all my hacked apps are on my SD card and I took arm9loaderhax.bin off the 3DS's NAND itself, so I guess I could send it in.

Also, MicroSD management doesn't work as I have a Windows 10 PC.

I also want to edit the SD card's contents but I'm too afraid to take my card out.

Last edited by F4LL0U7,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. Luma3DS is stuck on 6.6 (INCREDIBLY old version) and won't update.
I think the github may have the latest update, but I don't think you can use the updater to update without B9S.

I also want to edit the SD card's contents but I'm too afraid to take my card out.
Use the FTPDB to transfer files with wi-fi+Filezilla.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so nintendo doesn't care much to look into nand/etc for signs of tampering but what about looking for changed solderpads from hardmod?

F4LL0U7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wouldn't be an issue for me as I already have direct access to my NAND and I don't plan on hardmodding and I haven't hardmodded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one