Hacking SD card help

TheDude879

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to hack my new nintendo 3ds XL and having an issue with the SD card. Everytime I try to copy the files to the SD card in windows, it looks like it does but when I eject it and reinsert it the files are gone. Wondering if this means I need a new SD card.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Trying to hack my new nintendo 3ds XL and having an issue with the SD card. Everytime I try to copy the files to the SD card in windows, it looks like it does but when I eject it and reinsert it the files are gone. Wondering if this means I need a new SD card.
Your SD might have gone read only. Some deny write attempts with an error and others simply ignore them without reporting errors.
These little things go bad all the time for no reason.

Backup your data, format the SD to FAT32 and run h2testw. Only trust an SD that passes the check.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I just use windows to format? Or is there a program that is better?

Backup the data as if you can suggested and test the card with h2testw, if it pass h2testw you can use tool like guiformat or minitool parition wizard to reformat the card and paste the data back. You probably need a new card if the data doesn't stay.

CoreyOreoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doing the same thing and I'm having an issue with my microSD as well.
It was fine at first on the 4GB microSD given inside the new 3ds xl, then I moved to 128GB microSD, worked fine, but now I added more stuff to it, most apps from the homebrew have disappeared, so the only ones I can see are the original Nintendo apps, and a couple apps that were installed from universal updater, anyone know what is going on?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Doing the same thing and I'm having an issue with my microSD as well.
It was fine at first on the 4GB microSD given inside the new 3ds xl, then I moved to 128GB microSD, worked fine, but now I added more stuff to it, most apps from the homebrew have disappeared, so the only ones I can see are the original Nintendo apps, and a couple apps that were installed from universal updater, anyone know what is going on?
That description sound different from the problem above. Anyway:

Did you run the full test (write+verify) on empty SD?
This step is important and must not be skipped.

You might have two ID1 folders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto