Hacking Question I think I bricked my switch

Tinkerit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Canna, thank you very much for your help, I have indeed been able to fix everything and get it back to work (but still with FAT32… oh well, I'll change this later).

I am a newbie here, so I don't know: is there a way to "mark as resolved"? I updated the original post but didn't see any option. And can I change the title to something mors useful for people searching gbatemp, like "Error 4 restoring backup"? Also, I liked some of your posts, but is there any other way I can thank you?

Finally, not really related, but do you know if there is a way to update to ExFAT without a Windows PC (I only have access to osx)?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't it reboot the console after installing the firmware officially?
I've read warmboot does burn fuses, but I still haven't read proper information about it. it's still blurry what warmboot is/does.
if warmboot is just a full console reboot (and not a bootloader launch), then you can still access RCM, but you don't have to miss the button combo on auto-reboot, right? or else it would launch the bootloader (skipping RCM) and burn fuses.

when update officially, it deletes auto rcm because it overwrite boot0/1.
after update, it auto warm boots or not? is warmboot like a coldboot or a bootloader launch?
It does reboot after an update, and it does disable autorcm, but if you have a jig inserted and you hold vol+ on boot, you can get into RCM still

Reactions: Cyan

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @Canna, thank you very much for your help, I have indeed been able to fix everything and get it back to work (but still with FAT32… oh well, I'll change this later).

I am a newbie here, so I don't know: is there a way to "mark as resolved"? I updated the original post but didn't see any option. And can I change the title to something mors useful for people searching gbatemp, like "Error 4 restoring backup"? Also, I liked some of your posts, but is there any other way I can thank you?

Finally, not really related, but do you know if there is a way to update to ExFAT without a Windows PC (I only have access to osx)?

check out the exfat guide on my Post

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unpopulated slot,, thats the sd card reader port you dummy loool
Bricked hardly , hard reset would of fixed the issue or remove battery...
Useless video

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Tinkerit

You not fixed it yet follow what i had said ??

If not you can pm me and were talk .
Well, the video is pretty old, RCM mode probably wasn't even public knowledge at the time. But if he had been smart he would have plugged it into a PC to see if anything showed up in Device Manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT