Homebrew I think downgrading may have cost me $20... (Repost, new desc.)

Ethan Pister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a repost :/ sorry, but my other post submitted itself before I could type a description, and I can't edit it for some reason.

So I recently downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2.0-20U. I think that this was a bad idea.

When I try to play any games (Sm4sh, Pokemon Shuffle etc...), the game will never load. For Sm4sh, I just get an infinite dark screen. For other downloaded games, the '3ds' loading screen with the red fading pulsing bars just keeps going forever. Some games will work, like my Pokemon Alpha, but that's about it.

The problem seems to be resolved when I delete the 'Nintendo 3ds' folder from my SD card, and let the 3ds create a new folder. However, this means that I can't access menuhax for some odd reason, and when I go into sm4sh, all of my DLC is gone.

Any ideas on how to get my $20 DLC back? Or is it gone forever?

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Your homebrew is probably still available in your NNID account, so it just be a matter of downloading it again.

What it seems is that you got a partial downgrade. Can you at least access webkithax?

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your issue is you didnt setup cfw like rxtools and probably didnt make an emunand. Some games require higher firmware to run, which is why having an emunand is ideal. You can update it, access eshop and such, but still have your 3ds at 9.2

As for menuhax, you deleted your Nintendo 3ds folder, which contains all of your games, extradata and saves. So I hope you made a backup of your sd, otherwise you gotta redownload all your games and dlc.

There are quite a few tutorials that can walk you through setting up emunand and cfw and you can then play all pokemon shuffle you want.

Ethan Pister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think that some games do require a higher firmware. At least not Sm4sh. It still works as long as I have a fresh Nintendo 3ds folder. I also do have a backup SD, so that's good.

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So everything should be ok.

The games that aren't working are probably because they aren't meant to be run in firmware 9.2.0. You got Sm4sh working when you delete everything because the first version of Sm4sh is compatible with older firmwares, while the newer ones are only compatible with more recent firmwares.

You may as well set a CFW now. After you get emuNAND running and update it to the lastest version (10.7), everything should work again. Afterwards, you may download all your eShop games and DLC.

Edit: however, since you deleted your "Nintendo 3ds" folder, you probably lost all your saves, unless you have a backup.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samsh doesnt like low firmwares. I had problems getting it to boot. Once i updated my emunand it started to work great.

Go over the downgrade diy and setup an emunand and unlink sys from emu NAND. (one one 3ds i did the other i didnt and it cause a ton of problems on the other)

Once you done all that all should be good and working.
And your DLC is link to your NNID so as long as you remember all that you can redownload it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1